Map Question

MeatyFrank

Donating Member
Registered
I have two brothers slip ons and was wondering what map would work the best for me from the powercommander website. I'm eventually planning on getting a full exhaust and when I do I'll get it dyno tuned, but until then I just want a decent map to run on my bike. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

it'll work good but nothing is best then a custom map from a good tuner.. Just use the map from there site for slip-ons. When you get a full system then get a custom map.

yeah, that is what i was going to do...but which slip on map should i use...they don't have one for two brothers pipes...got any ideas?

Most any map for a slip on will work....I would call the tech support line at Dynojet (powercommander)
wink.gif
they will have all the info for ya
biggrin.gif

one more question...the power commander I have right now has a map from jonnycheese for a completely stock bike...do you think this map would be better than a map from the dynojet site?

one more question...the power commander I have right now has a map from jonnycheese for a completely stock bike...do you think this map would be better than a map from the dynojet site?
Why would a map for a stock bike be best  
rock.gif
 Is your bike stock, or are you going to put on those slip ons (actually "bolt ons" for Busa's)  
wink.gif

well i realize that a map for bolt ons would generally be better but I had heard that bolt ons don't do much and that jonnycheese's maps were so good...so I was unsure of which would actually be better...sounds like I should just use one of the generic bolt on maps from dynojet...thanks for the help guys

Every bike is different, I have a Akrapovic EVO full system and a PCIIIR with a custom map....you could have the same exhaust and PC combo on your bike and my map may not work as well on YOUR bike.

You don't need a PC for bolt ons....and whatever map that you do use....it will have to be changed for the mods that you do to the engine
wink.gif

If you start with bolt ons just get a map from the Dynojet site or Johnnycheese....a custom map done on a dyno is best....but I would wait till you plan out all your mods....full exhaust, air box mod, after market air filter.....whatever else you want to do to the engine....install all the performance mods at the same time and do the custom map.

Okay...i figured i didn't need anything special until i go forward with the rest of my mods. Thanks for help guys.

All slip ons are NOT created equal. Some flow more than others. My wife's 03 with Yoshi slip ons runs great without doing anything else to the bike.
I put Akraprovic slip ons on my 04 and it ran like #### till I put on a PCIII. I ended up using the map for Hindle slip ons because the Yoshi map was too lean.
That can only tell me that the Akrapovic's must flow more than the Yoshi's. You can also tell the sound is louder (thus more flow) from the Akro's. Just my .02

Back