Busa Rizla vs pickup car and U-turn Part 2

luccaRSA

Registered
So, after 4 months of waiting I got my baby back after unfortunate incident.
You can read about it here:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/110364-busa-rizla-vs-pickup-car-u-turn.html

Considering I was at war with insurance company which did not want to cover some damages, everything worked ok – except time – 4 months!!!!!!!!!:banghead: Airbus can build A380 passenger airplane under 2 months. Oh well – busa isn’t an airplane so it will take little longer.
Anyway... While workshop was busy sorting out panels and paint job, I decided to make some changes.
I replaced pistons rings and I did fit new exhaust system which I did design myself. Yes, I know what you folks will say – why didn’t you get full Yoshimura or other system. Very simple – following my design entire system gave me more power then yoshimura and cost was ¼ of the name brand one.
Due to new rings I had to run it in first, so 600kms I did keep her under 4500rpm. Last Friday I was riding on the highway and I did decide to do wheelie – very bad idea:banghead:. Car in front has not seen me coming and changed lanes, by that time I was at 130km/h so had to slam rear brake quite hard. As a result 250 kg slammed into tarmac bursting forks’ seals.... Yep, as I said – stupid idea comes with price. Anyway, I took bike back since I had to put it on Dyno anyway.
After running dyno 12 times – don’t ask me why so many, dude gave me dyno’s graph paper.
Think about it – before accident I was pushing 156HP at the wheel, after putting new rings and new exhaust (no other changes were made to my bike) I see 172.9 HP at the wheel with 144 Nm of torque!!!!!! I could not believe. Mind you, both readings were done by the same guys on the same dyno machine. I did ask them twice just to make sure if that was for my bike, considering I am living at 1870m above sea level. As a result we drugged bike back to dyno just to do 1 more run – 172.8HP 143.8 Nm. I don’t know about you, but hell I am so happy. I don’t say all of this to brag (maybe a little :laugh:) just to point out that I don’t have to spend 2000 dollars on the exhaust to get good results. Anyway – my baby is back, beautiful and sexy, with new shiny look, and little extra power.
Think about it this way – Old girlfriend/wife which doesn’t look so hot anymore, has been send for liposuction, boob job, face-lifting and on the top of these went to gym – yep I’m in love again:thumbsup:
What I will do now, simple – ride it hard and safe for as long as I can. Gabriella is back home:cheerleader:

Here are the pics. The rest will follow.
Dyno chart - Hayabusa stock engine, custom exhaust system (designed myself), stelth pipe, stock gearing, TL1000R inner tube fork.
I would have better results on dyno if I would live by sea level. Johannesburg is 1800m+, so I will have some power loss. I am very happy with those results, more then I can handle anyway.

dyno.jpg

Lucka1.jpg

Lucka3.jpg

Back