Busa in cold weather!

1643374513931.jpeg

200.gif

Hi. One time I went to Vero Beach Fl.
View attachment 1646454

Hi. One time I had to go to Vero Beach Fl. In the winter I loved trips to Fl. I was at the truck stop in Vero Beach there was a dripping faucet and it formed a pile of ice over 18 inches high.

I've ridden the Busa through a light dusting of snow. I wanted to ride the weekend and needed to take it to the shop, so off I went. No problems actually, a few shimmies from the rear but nothing dramatic. I used to ride the Busa in cold temps as low as 30 degrees or so. But I hate riding the Busa constricted by all the layers of gear. So now she is a fair-weather bike where I can fully enjoy that engine. I also hate getting her dirty.

On the other hand, I've ridden the BMW in just about everything. Heated grips and heated gear and no problems in the saddle all day at 25 degrees. TC makes light snow a breeze. The only issue is the Shoei fogging when you stop at a light.

Coldest ride I have done is minus 6C fall tour. Check out the morning frost! No problem modulating the throttle an the busa, just ride to the conditions and no modern electronic nanny’s needed. But heated grips are amazing. View attachment 1646483View attachment 1646484View attachment 1646485View attachment 1646486
I remember riding in those temperatures years ago....it sure tested your battery.

Now if it is cold enough for heated gear or to see one's breath, my bike goes into storage.

Arc is right kind of weird being bundle up on a sports bike Riding the busa in the cold about 10C for me:D was not to bad as you are fairly well protected from the elements from the busas excellent fairings Only area for me where the cold would irritate me was the upper chest and neck area which needed extra layers :thumbsup:

This year I rode down to 2 degrees above freezing. Worked great for fine tuning my new traction control system. Sand ice and snow made a great test bed. Got it dialed in from 2 shimmies of the tail when hitting ice and sand to not even budging while increasing throttle. Extremely satisfied. Sadly wheelie control I couldn't tune it fully since at these temperatures a SC3 rear spins faster than I can get the nose up.

I did ride one day when it was 43’F and it wasn’t fun. I kept begging for the light to turn red, so I could stop and put my hands on the engine covers and warm them up. Lol! I now have the concours14 with with a bigger than factory screen and own a heated liner and gloves, but Florida is never too cold……………… except tonight (supposed to get down to 30’F).

I posted this last weekend
My buddy riding his '18 gsxr1000R from my house(sold)where it has lived it's whole life, to his cousin's shop wayyyy out in the cut. 26°f
Roads were pretty clear
I was prepared for a good laugh as he spun up my frozen driveway from the garage to the street. He's a good rider and 6'3", so easily stands over it if it spins.
Nope, C mode, TC wide open...and on ice it never spun the tire...I was amazed.
We have ridden in all kinds of cold weather, snow, ice, etc.
But finally a use for modes and tc(we hate it, A mode, no tc, full power, all in the wrist, and either of us could've got it up the frozen driveway like that)...but the ability of the technology is pretty cool...and gsxr tech is where Busa tech comes from!

20220122_174009.jpg

Back