Busa down

sailboatjoe

Registered
I'm not going to live this one down. While riding through the Devils Canyon coming home from Death Valley I parked my Hayabusa at speed. There is on excuse for it but here is the story. My buddy and I where heading home in to a setting sun. we decided if we couldn't see the road than may be we should get off be for we get run over by some thing bigger that also cant see. As I pulled of the road and on to the dirt shoulder the front tire burred in the soft Gravel and thru me over the handle bars. Other than hitting my balls on the gas tank my Guardian Angle carried me to safety and I landed unhurt. Not even a scratch. My baby on the other hand burned in like a meteorite exploding gravel in ever direction. When the dust settled I ran over to her to find almost no damage. She had a rashed faring and nothing else. Not even a scratch on the giant stock muffler. Besides replacing the fairings any Ideas on how to fix these deep scratches.

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

118.jpg

maybe you can take the fairing apart and have the damaged part repainted to match, but worst case scenario a new fairing will put you about 400 or so

Easy fix....send a pm to Justin @ Honda East Toledo(sponsor section) and have him send you a new Fairing.:thumbsup:

Stupid hurts:poke: your pride, your wallet and your bike.:D

Wow that sucks man.. glad to hear you made off alright though.. a body shop down town might be able to do wonders for you while saving you a ton of cash.. Most of the blue section doesn't look that bad and might be able to buff out.. the black might be able to be sanded and then resprayed..

Waxing your balls on the tank must not feel good. Glad it was minor. Better decision to find a more suitable exit point? That is some deep sand.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe a buff will work, atleast on the blue part since it doesn't seen to bad.

Yeah the Scratches in the black part are very deep. Thanks for all the advice. Ill post some pics of me fixing it once I do.

Holy cow dude, those aren't scratches, those are MAN SCARS. Wear them with pride! :thumbsup:

Yep, that gravel was deceiving. However, you could not have chosen a better spot to crash. I wish every track had soft gravel runoff like that.

"Off into the setting sun we ride and live happily ever after".

It kinda sounds like a love story with you and your busa.

OK..............STOP !!! Go out and get a bottle of Meguires Yellow #5. Get an Electric Buffer or an Air Powered Orbital Buffer. Then go to town with it. Those are all surface scratches from sand. Very Fixable with little Expense.

Robert

Well, the good new is the black section of the fairing is the cheaper part. Hit up Justin from Honda East and he will take care of you. Glad you're okay. I know what its like to bust you balls like that. My father gave me the nicname Mango after my wreck. I hit my handel bars so hard I shattered my pelvis and crushed my lil boys. My boys were so swollen that it was the same size and color of a Mango. And that was 10 days after I woke up from my coma, I can only imagine what they looked like in the 1st week. :rofl:

Well, the good new is the black section of the fairing is the cheaper part. Hit up Justin from Honda East and he will take care of you. Glad you're okay. I know what its like to bust you balls like that. My father gave me the nicname Mango after my wreck. I hit my handel bars so hard I shattered my pelvis and crushed my lil boys. My boys were so swollen that it was the same size and color of a Mango. And that was 10 days after I woke up from my coma, I can only imagine what they looked like in the 1st week. :rofl:

thanks for the visual :puke:

^^ Dont worry, they still work! I ended up getting marring too, and having a son with, one of the nurse's aid that was taking care of me.

Glad to see you're okay! :thumbsup:

The side panels are sold as 2 separate pieces. There is also foam on the inside of both of those side panels that do not come installed on those. Some people have gotten lucky by carefully removing the foam and re-using it on the new panels, others have had to replace it so here's the pricing on everything:

94450-15H01-YKZ RH Side Cowl
$374.99

94470-15H00-4DX RH Under Cowl
$149.99

All foam required for both panels
$139.26

Back