Busa clutch problem

ncdogman

Registered
i just bought a new busa. has 187 miles so far. ive noticed that when i clutch it up is 4th its harder to do so that in anyother gear. is it because its new and has to be broke in something? every other gear seems fine. also im going kinda easy on it so ill clutch it up in 4th say around 4 to 5 grand. is this to low of an rpm? or is it that is just the way the bike was designed? im afraid that im going to over rev it if the gear doesnt catch. i havnt yet however but i have kicked it into nuetral a couple of times. please help, jeff

Welcome to the board
I don't recall what it felt like when my bike was new and the fact that I haven't riden in over a year doesn't help. I do know that you have to shift it like you mean it. If it really doesn't seem right take it to the dealer and have they look at it. That is what the warranty is for. As for over revving it, it has a rev limiter so you don't have to worry about that. Just get off the gas if it happens.
You will get more response in a few I'm sure.

What adjustment is your clutch lever on?
rock.gif

I just bought an 06 and i have a little over 1k miles on it now. Shifting was a little odd for a while mostly from 4th to 5th with like a false neutral but after i changed the oil at 600 to mobile 1 mx4t that problem has almost completly gone away by 1000 miles. just getting broke in from what i have read on the board.

Back