busa beater?

I have to mention this because a guy down my street has one of these [/QUOTE]

So has he let you take it for a spin yet? Bug him day and night until he lets you take it out View attachment 494592

I heard the heat that comes out of the tail pipe is tremendous to the point it can melt the urethane front end of a car that pulls up too close at a stoplight. Also something about the top speed being limited only by the bikes aerodynamics...as in handling gets to be too dangerous after ~240 mph.

I got to talk to him a few times but I dont want to ride a bike that cost over 150K.
From what he says the bike is not really "safe" as it has a few seconds delay after you turn the throttle....then "pulls extremely hard" but has the same few seconds delay of continued acceleration after you release the throttle.....
No thanks!

Let me get this straight...the bike has a few second delay when opening the throttle then really kicks in and then continues for a few seconds after rollling off the throttle and for this 150 large was paid? Not really "safe" wouldn't be my description...really insane would work better...however, I guess if you have 150 large to dispose of in such a fashion
its beyond insane!!

1. The BMW should last longer, and have fewer troubles than a Busa.
I would highly doubt that one rev....
I wouldn't...
Why not?

From the people I know who own BMW bikes (along with being involved in other non bike specific groups), it's pretty obvious their line of bikes is not exactly in the same league as there cars when it comes to reliability.
Will this new "Busa Beater" contain a wet clutch or the current famous dry clutch that eventually turns wet over time? View attachment 494669

Car or bike, when it comes to reliability nothing beats the ricers.

Plebians...  

The BMW is being hyped by dipshits as a Busa Beater by the press cause it will sell magazines..   BMW hasn't even mentioned the Busa.  They mention the Blackbird.  I think that with the amount of engineering and quality BMW can bring to the table they will produce a motorcycle that surpasses the Busa in key real world areas.  After all most of the folks here chanting about top speeds and such have never been there or anywhere near it so the top speed is really pretty damned pointless...

1. The BMW should last longer, and have fewer troubles than a Busa.
2. The BMW will likely be more comfortable, and provide some real room for lanky yanks...  
3. The BMW may be worth far more money over a longer period of time than a Busa.  IE it will retain more of it's value..
4. The BMW will be different and fresh and you won't see some Blinged up version sitting on every damned corner...
5. It will be possible to finally buy a "Fast" and reliable Sporty motorcycle built by someone other than the Japanese...
6. Finally, the New BMW will likely have the same intangibles that make their cars worth the money, "Feel and Spirit"
Something that the Jap bikes have NEVER had IMHO until Suzuki built the Busa.  So it will be interesting... if nothing else...

I'm not getting rid of my Busa yet Though, I mean the new BMW could get hamstrung by some Euro BS regulation or simply just not work very well, but from what I have seen of it it looks real good, and should be a sweet ride...

No Busa Beater In a Top Speed/ 1/4 mile sense, but certainly a sweet bike...
Thank you Rev...very well said View attachment 494674

Let me get this straight...the bike has a few second delay when opening the throttle then really kicks in and then continues for a few seconds after rollling off the throttle and for this 150 large was paid? Not really "safe" wouldn't be my description...really insane would work better...however, I guess if you have 150 large to dispose of in such a fashion
its beyond insane!!
Well it IS a jet engine...a jet aircraft has the same exact throttle response; few seconds delay both ways. The Y2K is more a "poser" thing then anything...just to say you have a jet-powered motorcycle, definitely not practical in any way (not like I've seen one around or anything). I could think of BUNCH of ways to spend 150 G's towards motorcycles and what not instead of having just one...

Back