Beamer the busa beater

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
First day of Vacation and I found myself @ ...

Daytona
D4.jpg

I was going to save all these until it was blistering COLD up north...but what the heck

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

They were setting up for a concert, I believe they said "lovin spoonful" was playing (thanks, I'll pass...if it was the Allman Bros...I'd still be there
super.gif
)
D6.jpg

D5.jpg

Dm1.jpg

Speedway as seen from Hooters
tounge.gif

R1.jpg

Iteresting trip, stopped at a BMW motorcycle dealership. Guy that helped me was pretty good, so I'm not dogging to bad. I was looking at the K1200S, he comes over...

what are you riding?
Busa!
Ahh...well, this is definately a Busa Beater.
(I smirk) You gotta nice bike here, but I wouldn't go quite that far.

Guy had some riding/track experience, said when he started working there, he thought they were all overpriced but you get what you pay for and now he sees why. Rides a K1200R daily.

Asked him about the Ducati.
(Personal note-I don't get Ducati, I've never riden or even seen on in person. I just look at the mag tests and the sticker price and scratch my head.) Guess I've got the Japanesse motorcycle mentality...if it ain't 4 cylinders, it's hard for me to take seriously (strictly performance wise). I realize that's pretty far from the truth...
When I mentioned Ducati this drool came out of the corner of his mouth like Homer Simpson and dounuts. He said, "do yourself a favor and go find a Ducati dealership and at least look at em and check them out."

I like the K1200S, K1200GT, and even the twin R1200ST (horror and shock).

OH yeah, then on the way home...of course I get rained on 3 times...the Sunshine State my Arse

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151971085 -->

friend rides a DUC and loves it. he's finding out quick it is NOT helping his track day experiences much. DUCs don't add up.... MV Agusta's don't add up... but to each their own, I guess.

"Busa beater" pffffffth..... whatever. When Triumph starts winning REAL races with any of their bikes, including that scissorific, pan-galactic, front suspension apperatus gizmo, THEN I might think about taking time to consider penciling in time to maybe read articles about them. Maybe. Naw. They'd still be YEARS behind in engine technology department. Oh! But it comes with heated grips! oooOOOOOooooh

ahhh good to see the old stomping grounds again...

Back