busa beater?

mikebusa99

Registered
I just picked up the latest issue of cycleworld.On the cover is the new bmw 1200 sportbike,with the words busa beater underneath it.If there is the current speed restriction limit on the motorcycle manufacturers except triumph in what way is it going to beat the busa.maybe the pricetag?

Maybe with it's gadget factor.. ABS, center stand, GPS, toaster over, air conditioned underseat storage for any chocolate aquiring outtings?

Mags and other companies love to bill their bikes as the next "busa beater." I always get a chuckle out of them since no-one has actually produced a rigerous review shootout. The zx-12/busa shootout was a great article, Shine can ride!

The new beemer also has a wet bar but that feature is not standard so it adds just a bit to the final OTD price...

High price tag, same weight as the Busa, less HP than the Busa and it's shaft drive.

It won't even be competition for an old Blackbird.

Of course those stupid magazines get my gullible friends without a shred of common sense all riled up. If they read it in a magazine it MUST be the truth...after all "that's what they get paid to do so I'm sure they know what they're talking about and if it wasn't true they'd be sued".

I swear one buddy searches the internet and sends me links to personal fan boy web pages showing made up HP figures and ¼ mile times for old 600cc bikes that are supposedly faster than my Busa.

like the triumph rocket three its all speculation and sensationalism.im still mad because they call that tomahawk
a motorcycle and so far they are only two of them built.the only busa beater i know is the Y2K and that is only on top end.they dont know how fast that damn thing will go.

I think most accept the Tomahawk as a joke rather than a motorcycle. Has anyone taken that abortion over 20 mph yet?
The Y2K is cool but doesn't it accelerate slowly and gradually build up speed?
And can either of those two bikes be considered "production" vehicles?

If any bike is going to beat the Busa like a red headed step child it would be this one:

A production run of 250 bikes
2000cc DOHC 16 valve transverse in-line 4
EFI
Turbo Charged with Intercooler
260 HP
217 ft. lbs of Torque

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's hunched back, corenered almost, ready to pounce, like a cat with it's ears back. Maybe it's just me. Would I buy it for 35K, 25K, 15K, 7.5K? Um, nope.

Try a bit over $90,000 U.S. View attachment 494188

The biggest drawback is that it's electronically limited to 156 mph. Most likely due to its country of origin like our 186 mph limit. However I'm sure that can be changed or eliminated for whatever country it's exported to via it's on board internet link. It can report any problems and tell the tech what's wrong with it before he even has to fly out to fix it. All you need to do is plug it into your home phone line or cell phone with the included cords.

Believe it or not it's more of a touring bike with a rather upright seating position and A LOT of weight behind it. Even with all the real carbon fiber used throughout the bike that massive engine weighs it down.
Regardless of the weight that thing has got to FLY!

http://www.motobykz.co.uk/Munch/Munch_Mammoth_2000.htm

Plebians...

The BMW is being hyped by dipshits as a Busa Beater by the press cause it will sell magazines.. BMW hasn't even mentioned the Busa. They mention the Blackbird. I think that with the amount of engineering and quality BMW can bring to the table they will produce a motorcycle that surpasses the Busa in key real world areas. After all most of the folks here chanting about top speeds and such have never been there or anywhere near it so the top speed is really pretty damned pointless...

1. The BMW should last longer, and have fewer troubles than a Busa.
2. The BMW will likely be more comfortable, and provide some real room for lanky yanks...
3. The BMW may be worth far more money over a longer period of time than a Busa. IE it will retain more of it's value..
4. The BMW will be different and fresh and you won't see some Blinged up version sitting on every damned corner...
5. It will be possible to finally buy a "Fast" and reliable Sporty motorcycle built by someone other than the Japanese...
6. Finally, the New BMW will likely have the same intangibles that make their cars worth the money, "Feel and Spirit"
Something that the Jap bikes have NEVER had IMHO until Suzuki built the Busa. So it will be interesting... if nothing else...

I'm not getting rid of my Busa yet Though, I mean the new BMW could get hamstrung by some Euro BS regulation or simply just not work very well, but from what I have seen of it it looks real good, and should be a sweet ride...

No Busa Beater In a Top Speed/ 1/4 mile sense, but certainly a sweet bike...

Just one thought.... Isn't that a shaft drive gives away on HP compared to chain driven bikes ( I'm thinking BMW here ), and just like said above it doesn't seem like BMW intends to become top dog ( beat 'Busa, and ZX12).....

Also, the other bike ( 2000cc) , although it may be geared to go very fast, I don't think though, looks more like a big monster bike, I would want to see someone try to hang on to it above 160 or so... I'm mean look at the sitting position and the windscreen ( unless one mods it or something...)

Could be a blast to ride around the town tough... View attachment 494516
but not in very heave traffic....

Just my 5c

Oh they all want to try...  It is not going to happen from that bike.  Even the Y2K @ $150,000 can not beat a turbo charged Busa.  Busa has it beat and for a lot less money. View attachment 494562

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "spelling error"|1091217026 -->

View attachment 494582 well said ninja eater,i would like to say tho i think soon the standard stock busa will have to give up the ghost,it is true wat you here bout the bmw,but wat ya gotta ask yaself is (look how long it has taken other manufactures to get there).
nomatter what happens my baby is stoping with me.
with the way motorcycle laws are going in the uk soon i recon big bikes will be a thing of the past View attachment 494583
(SPEED CAMERAS SUCK)

I have to mention this because a guy down my street has one of these (so does Jay Leno) so to me it is not uncommon to see (and hear) this thing going down the road.

320.00 HP (233.6 kW)) @ 52000 RPM
576.30 Nm (58.8 kgf-m or 425.1 ft.lbs) @ 2000 RPM

THe thing uses a turbine jet motor and has one speed.

I dont know if he can beat my busa but it does not matter....this bike is not if this world and he drives it every weekend!

THe sound this bike is unreal.....words can not explain it except imagine standing next to an F-16 wound up at a stoplight......
crazy.

And I am told they make over 100 a year to qualify as a production bike.

<!--EDIT|Jonny Hotnuts
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091225873 -->

Last edited by a moderator:
Back