Truimph Busa Killer

mikebusa99

Registered
I happened to pick up the motorcyclist magazine in a store over the weekend.IT was a small article that said Triumph never signed the speed limit restriction so the could build a bike to top 200mph and beat the busa.They have a picture of the bike in the article.But it had said they had scraped the plans do to managment restructure and they would probably get alot of pressure from many people.This is the first i have heard of this.Does anyone know more about this?They also said the bike topped 196mph in testing.Just concerned dont want to lose the crown.You know whatta mean!!!

These links should help!
biggrin.gif

I don't think they would not follow the same restrictions, but you never know. Records are made to be broken so sooner or later someone will beat the Busa. Don't think it will be the Triumph though. Very good bike but!!

it would be very simple to manufacture a bike that could beat the busa, for instance yamaha produced a "turbo charged" version of the seca. so turbos can easily and inexpensivly be mass produced just like some auto manufacturers do to produce more HP. a factory ZX12 turbo or a honda XX turbo and the busa takes a beating. kinda like opening a can of worms though, everyone knows suzuki dont like to be beat.

the program for the busa killer project was trashed
the motor built for it will be in a 1300 sport tourer
with an additional couple of hundred pounds,

Back