Busa 13.5 street build..

levihp

Registered
switched over from yamaha r1's.. got tired of spraying the crap out of my r1's and broke down and got a c.o.d. 05 busa, 1st and 2nd poppin on it gotta do undercut 1, 2, 3 and get some new shift forks, anyone done a 13.5:1 std bore street bike?? i wanna try and stay with stock fuel system and throttle bodys and preferrably stock cams.. bike already has a tre, bmc, airbox mod and yoshi exhaust, btw im going to go to the boz brothers exhaust cause im into the slash cuts vs the big cans.. so advice anyone?? I went 6.1@123mph on my 06r1 with a 50shot on modded cans, hollowed cat stock gearing, height and length. I am not a noob to riding just to building.. but i will say i loved my r1's i've had but damn the busa is so easy to tear down etc... just need to be steered in the right direction on this.. I do alot of long distance riding on the street long distances..

I have the basic package your asking about, 13:1's, stock cams,etc. Back when motor was stock, ran low 6.30's w/mid1.50's 60ft. Since adding pistons I haven't be able to hook up so I can't give any good info on times. After you get your busa done you'll instantly be much happier with it over your R1 at the strip, but the R1 is still my favorite for handling. BTW:welcome:

06blkbusa 028.jpg

99R1.jpg

whats the highest compression i can go with 93octane??

Run mine all day long on 92, but it loves Sunoco 114 even better, 99 runs his as a daily driver, too not as big of a deal as most would say as far as knocking, pinging, or overheating

yeah thats what i figured, I'd be happy with it if I didnt have to deal with transmission b.s. I guess im going to do it.... and put new bearings and gaskets while im at it....

im a knee dragger for life, I'll never stretch a bike but i want a little more out of the busa.. I really think higher compression will bring it to life..

yeah thats what i figured, I'd be happy with it if I didnt have to deal with transmission b.s. I guess im going to do it.... and put new bearings and gaskets while im at it....

im a knee dragger for life, I'll never stretch a bike but i want a little more out of the busa.. I really think higher compression will bring it to life..

Mains, rods, and gaskets will run ya about $200,well worth it while your there anyway. The higher CR does wonders, a smile every ride and a new rear tire with every other oil change.

Back