LTF: Exhaust type for Buggy build

jjstime

Registered
Hi, I am building a buggy with a 2005 busa motor and need to modify the exhaust to go with a 4:1.
My question is what type of exhaust can/baffle would be good to use?
It needs to be short and cost effect but reliable and improve performance.

Thanks,
JJ

The power is in the header, not so much the muffler.
With a good header the wrong muffler will only make a couple hp difference.
If you're modding the stock header to 4 into 1 then just use a stock muffler too.
If you want power and a short muffler setup, get a Brocks Alienhead.
Dyno tuning is your best bet for hp and smooth hp delivery.

I am going to modify the stock header to a 4:1.
Can I just use one of the stock cans?

Don't see why not as long as still bolts on. Thought maybe you needed custom header design for buggy application because of engine placement or mounting position of motor.

buggy busa.jpg

2 looks cooler jmo:laugh:

buggy busa.jpg

Two would look cool but that is twice as many bends and mounts and pipe to go from the stock header to the can.
One makes it simpler.
Nice setup in that picture

You need a good header for a buggy, and a good flowing can. I have a muzzy header yo can make into a nice setup and have a nice brock alienhead you can cut and modify by welding to the end. What is your location? if you gonna build it do it right by letting the motor breath..

You need a good header for a buggy, and a good flowing can. I have a muzzy header yo can make into a nice setup and have a nice brock alienhead you can cut and modify by welding to the end. What is your location? if you gonna build it do it right by letting the motor breath..
wish I had saw that reply back in 2013

Back