Bumpin the throttle at stoplights etc...etc

CouchRocket

Registered
I just noticed today I'm a habitual "throttle bumper". Its like everytime I come to a stoplight I just have to "bump" it to like 1-2 rpms just to hear it growl. Ive got the D&D's on mine. I'm not the cocky little young dood in town but I just cant help it. I just think to myself, "yeah that sounds bad ass and I can just feel everyone looking at me". EVERYTIME I pull in to the garage I just have to do it. Heh

Wastes fuel and wears your engine out.

But none of that matters if you think it's impressive, right?
smile.gif

I do it when I'm sitting between cars at a signal just before the light turns green, I dont no why.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126301482 -->

.......because you can.
i only do it when some kid in the back of his moms mini-van gives me the 'throttle it!' sign..... LOFL!

I just noticed today I'm a habitual "throttle bumper". Its like everytime I come to a stoplight I just have to "bump" it to like 1-2 rpms just to hear it growl. Ive got the D&D's on mine. I'm not the cocky little young dood in town but I just cant help it. I just think to myself, "yeah that sounds bad ass and I can just feel everyone looking at me". EVERYTIME I pull in to the garage I just have to do it. Heh
I always thought the phrase was "blip" not bump... but I suppose we can call it anything we want....

Actually, blipping your throttle just before killing your engine clears out the exhausts....

I thought only the Harley guys did that.
Only Harleys that won't idle on their own. Mine idles just fine.
wink.gif

I've never been a "throttle bumper", and really can't understand why anyone would need to other than to hear their exhaust.

I always preferred the growling sound of the intake above 7K rpm while WFO.
cool.gif

never understood the throttle blipping thing,reving a ''unloaded'' motor is not a good idea

and blipping the throttle before shutting it down is even worse,all it does is wash the cylinders down with gas

A slightly more sustained throttle would clear the exhaust and not leave the bike with gas still in the cylinders..

I was just talking with another busa owner about this last night at bike night. I think it's a harley rider deal - look at ME! I'm an attention #####! I have a big loud 'sickle - wanna hear?

I purposely do not blip the throttle at stop lights - ESPECIALLY when a harley is close. I want them to know that it's not necessary (for me) because my bike idles fine. Then, when they pull away and hit their third shift, I will pull even in 1st and THEN blip the throttle! Let 'em see what torque is is really all about.

Damn, I like layin' down the smack....
biggrin.gif

I just love the sound of that exhaust being revved a little.

Cooooooo, dude!

--Wag--
cool.gif

Back