Bumpin the throttle at stoplights etc...etc

I just noticed today I'm a habitual "throttle bumper". Its like everytime I come to a stoplight I just have to "bump" it to like 1-2 rpms just to hear it growl. Ive got the D&D's on mine. I'm not the cocky little young dood in town but I just cant help it. I just think to myself, "yeah that sounds bad ass and I can just feel everyone looking at me". EVERYTIME I pull in to the garage I just have to do it. Heh
I'm not so habitual, just every once in awhile I like to "blip it".
xblueman.gif

I'm normally not a blippin' bumper..

I do blimp before about every downshift though to match the R's coming down..

no real need for it on the street.. but hey.. practice makes perfect and it's a bit smoother for a passenger if you happen to have one.

I can see blipping it a few times, but when it's over and over it gets old. How about the guys reving to redline, hitting the rev limiter 3,4,5 times at one light?

Guilty as charged. I don't take it to redline, just a little "hello" from the engine department when rolling into a parking lot or at a light.

Chris

Guilty as charged.  I don't take it to redline, just a little "hello" from the engine department when rolling into a parking lot or at a light.  

Chris
Yeah man thats what Im talkin about. I'm not revvin her up...its just a lil growl to about 1 1/2 rpms. Ive seen lots of guys sit at stop lights and rev the holy hell outta their bikes. Thats just plain silly.

Nope, never do it
biggrin.gif
. Why would I, I only have a 900. That runs 8.07 in the 1/8. with a s##### reaction time. And 60 ft. and a Wheelie most of the track. With a tall fat man on it.
tounge.gif

I agree this is a hardley davidson thing, because thats all they'll do. I'd quit that habit if I was you.

In Missouri we call it BLURPING . of course we still don't wear shoes and we marry our cousins. LOL

Oh my god NO. The next thing ya know you will be egging bikes on to run....
biggrin.gif

Downtown Monterey during MotoGP. Sportbiker's became infected by blipping everywhere in town. Many would hit the rev limiter continue to hold throttle wide open. Sounded like cats being strangled
laugh.gif

Personally only blip in tunnels and underpasses
tounge.gif
Blip when behind Porche carreras and 910 turbos
biggrin.gif

I did the same thing when I rode, especially when riding between cars that were stopped for a red light. Sounds good but accomplishes nothing.
biggrin.gif

I think pward76 hit the nail on the head. Notice 95% of the guys doing this throttle blipping are making a loud roar while looking around to see if anybody is noticing them. WATCH THEM NEXT TIME AND SEE!They want to be noticed. I agree that a 'Busa, even dead silent gets a lot of attention.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

In Missouri we call it BLURPING . of course we still don't wear shoes and we marry our cousins. LOL [/QUOTE]

Eeeeeew.....

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126458532 -->

Notice 95% of the guys doing this throttle blipping are making a loud roar while looking around to see if anybody is noticing them. WATCH THEM NEXT TIME AND SEE!They want to be noticed.
I live on the edge of town...
Mostly ride in the country...
.....and only the wife can hear when I'm in the garage......trust me, she is NOT impressed.

It just sounds so gooooooood.

Not like 8000rpm, up a hill, WOT,

But gooooooood

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Back