idle/tps help

aznboi

Registered
when im just cruisin around town and coming to a stop, i pull in my clutch and the rpms drop down to about 1500rpms and holds there for a few seconds and then drops down to 1200rpms. this happens just about everytime i pull in the clutch. im thinking that its the tps sensor doing it. just want to know others thoughts. thanks in advance.

37 views and no response? no one has this same problem im having?
rock.gif

im thinking it could be your throttle bodies need to synced

Year of bike? how long have you owned it ? When did it start doing this? What is your idle set at?

I adjusted my idle several weeks ago up to about 1200. It started doing the same thing so i dropped it down to around 1050 and it went away. I dont know why though. Good luck!

Check your idle cable and see if it's getting stuck on fast idle and then closing. Because 1200 rpm is where it should be set at idle and 1500 is correct for the fast idle position.

Just a thought
winkold.gif

My idle was set at 1050 to 1100, when I got it new. (06 LE) It now has just under 9,000 miles. I took it in to have the oil changed (I know), and they adjusted the idle to 1200, and now when I come to a stop it does the same thing.

And since they adjusted my idle to 1200 my fast idle only goes to around 1250 to 1300, it use to be right at 1500 ?

my 03 busa did that idle at 1100 at a stop light went up to 1500-1700rpm check your throttle bodies they need to be synced
thumb_up.gif

Start with the easy stuff and set your idle first. i have had to Busa's now and have never had to synce the throttle bodies. I had 52,000 on my 02 and just over 23,000 on my 06 , I have taken them both in to different dealers who hooked them up and said that the throttle bodies where just fine.

Could be your TPS, but usually TB synch.In 7 years of working on Busas,I have only replaced 2 TPS sensors.Have fixed idle probs hundreds of times with a perfect throttle synch.Have also seen Idle surging when a fuel pump gets weak,but it is usually more than a 2-500rpm surge.

checked the tps and its on the money so thats out. rode around for a little tonight and it didnt do it. the night i noticed it was when i was getting on it pretty hard around town.

Mine only does it a few times here, and there, and will only do it when I first start riding ? I don't know why, but it seems like the harder I ride my Busa, the better it rides ?

Set my idle a few weeks ago (1200rpm) and it started doing the same thing. Als sometimes it'll be idling at 1200 and drift up to 1500-1600 for a few seconds and then back to 1200. Guess I need to slow the idle down just a bit and see if it stops.

Back