Buick brake rotors and pads

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
I have to do the brakes on my wifes 2004 Buick Rendezvous The dealer we got it from put new pads on the old rotors...go figure.

My question is who makes USA steel rotors? I have always been able to find USA made steel, but not having any luck. or who makes good brake parts, AND WHO TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Looking factory braking and durability with out the price. I would buy OEM if I can find a deal on the parts.

I just do not want to do this in a few years again..

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

If the old rotors were still within spec., meaning if they were still thick enough, the common thing to do is to turn them down on a brake lathe to clean up the surface and true them up for runout. Then put new pads on . Were the rotors out of spec. from not changing the pads soon enough or from turning them before?
rock.gif

A lot of the newer GM stuff is not "machineable" as they are at minimum spec after about 30K on the OE pads..

Cutting corners on rotors will haunt you anyway... call NAPA or even AutoZone and get the premium quality stuff.. Brakes pretty much give back what you put in $$ wise IME... Got to the point where I was buying "loaded" calipers for the same price as I could buy pads, hardware and seals... Plus I was saving 20 hours a week on shop time (most of the rotors come from one of 2 or 3 suppliers anyway, sorted and sold under different names and quality)

If the old rotors were still within spec., meaning if they were still thick enough, the common thing to do is to turn them down on a brake lathe to clean up the surface and true them up for runout. Then put new pads on . Were the rotors out of spec. from not changing the pads soon enough or from turning them before?
rock.gif
+1
lurk.gif

Back