NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ the Brembo brake option (performance package), 6 SPD manual, 36K miles...that my wife drives.  

The car is at the dealer and I just found out I need new rotors and pads up front and pads only on the rear.  They want $1,350.00 just for the front Brembo rotors and brake pads...just over $500.00 per rotor!!!  

They offered another brand of rotor w/pads that come to $1000.00, but still...the guy even told me that their prices are more than what I can find elsewhere.

Does anyone know of any other rotor brands at better cost?  They said I could buy them elsewhere and they would just charge me for the labor.  My wife is not going to be doing any racing so super performance is not a necessity.

Thanks for any advice, links, info. offered.

Well, I was checking tirerack.com, but it's asking for additional info on your car...

g35.jpg

So, go there and run through the menus, see if they have 'em cheaper...
smile.gif

Call around and see what "Jobber" price is..... Thats going to be your best price. Problem then becomes finding someone with a tax ID you can use. Just be shure and pay the tax on em....

PM me all the info I may need (Wheel/tire size, Manual or not, suspension upgrades?....)

I'll check my local Fisher Auto Parts store (I get employee discount.) I'll try and hook you up.
wink.gif

2004 Infiniti needs new Rotors?

1. Quit riding the brakes.
smile.gif

2. Seriously, sounds like a warranty problem to me. No way you should be chewing through your rotors already. Sounds like Bullshit to me.

Not an Expert, but I've been through a LOT of brake jobs... You can buy some slick AP racing for less than $500 each....

What you didn't say though is how many miles???

UPDATE: I have the 18" wheel performance package w/ 6 SPD manual.

Stay with Brembo's if possible. If not it kind of defeats the purpose of having the brake upgrade and may hurt the resale value of the car.

(Revlis @ Jan. 31 2007,11:48) 2004 Infiniti needs new Rotors?

1. Quit riding the brakes.
smile.gif

2. Seriously, sounds like a warranty problem to me. No way you should be chewing through your rotors already. Sounds like Bullshit to me.

Not an Expert, but I've been through a LOT of brake jobs... You can buy some slick AP racing for less than $500 each....

What you didn't say though is how many miles???
Rev, I was wondering the same thing. I'm only at 36K miles.

Infiniti did have a recall on brakes for all the non-Brembo brake systems (ie Infiniti manufactured).

(300Busa @ Jan. 31 2007,11:38) do the brakes yourself.  Takes about 40 minutes of your time.
I likely would do it myself if beforehand I knew what I was doing/getting myself into.

Hell with it, BUY the rotors take them TO the mechanic to install

FIRST though!

Get a second opinion.

(monster @ Jan. 31 2007,11:50) Stay with Brembo's if possible.  If not it kind of defeats the purpose of having the brake upgrade and may hurt the resale value of the car.
I bought the car w/ 10K miles and the rotors were/are not cross drilled or slotted. But still Brembo I would guess.

Hmm I dunno, Change the options to 6speed manual and the braking options change as do the prices...

Infinitirotors.jpg

Yeah seems that $336 discounted online is probably what we are talking about, so $500 from a Brick and Mortor Dealership sounds about right.

Infinitirotors.jpg

Back