NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Plus labor at prolly about $80 an hour.

Sounds like not such a bad deal maybe... Except the rotors themselves sound overpriced.

I got new wheels and brakes for ya!

DSC00001.JPG

It's not uncommon for the front brakes to need replacing after 36K miles. This is about normal, as is the need for new rotors. 99% of high end car brake jobs require new rotors at every brake job. The calipers and pads apply much greater forces and therefore wear out the rotors much faster. I would definately recommend only using Brembo rotors and NO other brands for your car. Looks like Tirerack has much better prices than the dealer. When you have a high-end car, you will pay for the high-end quality. I was a Master Level 1 BMW tech and dealt with this all the time. People could afford the car but not the expensive maintanence. Your best bet is to buy quality parts and have a competent shop install them. Goodluck
beerchug.gif

I ordered these for $178.00 for the pair + Free Shipping.

EBC Sport Rotors
Wide aperture grooves

Special disc alloys UNIQUE to EBC

Dimple hole construction

Balanced geometry

ADVANTAGES
The wider slot actually draws cool air across the pad surface keeping pads and rotors cooler. They also expel dust, dirt and hot gases better than fine slots which eventually fill with rust and scale and become ineffective in our opinion.
The blind drilled holes break down surface gases when braking from speed but do not weaken the rotor cross section as can happen with through drilling, thereby lessening the chance of rotors cracking over time and heavy use.

EBC_ROTORS_gold.jpg

These are the EBC Ceramic Brake Pads @ $66.64 per pair.

Since this material was introduced in late 2003, it has received many positive write ups from performance drivers of faster cars such as the Impreza. You can read some of these write ups and comparisons to other performance materials on www.scoobynet.co.uk and www.subiegal.com. This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking. It emits far less dust than semi-metallic pads and has been proven to stop a passenger car/sedan/sport compact/hot hatch 13 metres quicker than OEM pads from 100mph/160kph.

Features EBC Brake-InTM surface coating which conditions rotor surface and accelerates pad bed-in.

Nominal friction coefficient 0.5 with approx. 50% dust reduction compared to other pads.

redstuffpad.jpg

Back