Any Buick mechanics among us?

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
just ordered rotors and pads for the wifes 04 Buick Rendevous and no one makes a repair manual for it. I can get one from the dealor for about $175. I would just like to have it on hand for refrence, I have not done brakes on an all wheel drive,any thing to look out for? Does Buick use any special tools before I get in to the project? I have done brakes many many times, but always have a book in case something pops up. Anyone happen to have a manual or access to one? copy or email me a few brake pages?

Thanks!

Geo

Try Mitchell1.com. They have online manuals just download all the pages. I think I paid 9.99 for a three day subscription. They show every minute detail with part numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can go to your local public library-they have all factory shop manuals there.

The problem wit those ones is they don't show all. I just went through this with my vehicle. They must be afraid of liability or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well here is the reason... bought it used with 56k miles and the dealer re shoed it with out turning the rotors. As anyone knows they should be turned when new pads are installed. It has 70 k on it now. They are starting to pulse, I have a 3 week old baby and a 2 year old daughter and it's my wifes car. I would just change it all in 1 shot and be done with it.

Why would a four year old vehicle need new rotors?
many cars have rotors so thin that they can not be turned and stay above minimums.. weight reduction equals fuel mileage and so, poof skinny rotors.. all it takes is one rivet or metal to metal and they are toast..

Well here is the reason... bought it used with 56k miles and the dealer re shoed it with out turning the rotors. As anyone knows they should be turned when new pads are installed. It has 70 k on it now. They are starting to pulse, I have a 3 week old baby and a 2 year old daughter and it's my wifes car. I would just change it all in 1 shot and be done with it.

Good deal, that is usually the first thing I do when I get a used car. It really eliminates many of the annoying signs of aging in a used set of wheels.

I've never EVER turned rotors when changing pads and never have had any issues.

I'm with Projekt. Just take a wheel off and take a look at it. You'll be fine.

--Wag--

Back