Buell Pegs "va" Rear Set Foot Position Question? Street and Track

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

I have the buell peg mod and love it. However, A) I just got some nice SIDI track boots that are VERY slippery on the pegs, and B) i plan on doing some track days soon

I know rearsets are adjustable, but are they adjustable to the point they will match the buell peg position?

Ideally, i would like a rearset, i can move up for the track, and lower back down for the longer rides. Anyone? Brands?

Also, i will be looking to sell a COMPLETE set of POWDERCOATED black rear sets WITH the buell peg mod soon! PM me if interested.

Thanks

The Buell peg mod lowers the peg to give you a more comfortable riding position. But, that also puts the pegs (and your foot because there are no extensions/feelers) closer to the ground. This gave me a couple of 'oh crap' moments during my first trackdays. All the other aftermarket rearset's/pegs do no lower as much as the Buell, and are not made for comfort as much as proper foot position when racing....

I have Vortex sets. They will adjust a little lower than stock but not much. They can be adjusted to the exact stock position and the higher and further back.

Aftermarkets are mostly for racing, they usually go up and back with a much wider range of positions. Not made for comfort. Suggest if you are going to do a trackday, do it on the OEM's the first weekend and then you'll have a better idea of which way you want to go. Remove the feelers though as you will grind them off otherwise.

For road use - get the buell peg mod.
For track use - get rearsets.
For road & track - get rearsets.

The Buell peg mod lowers the peg to give you a more comfortable riding position. But, that also puts the pegs (and your foot because there are no extensions/feelers) closer to the ground. This gave me a couple of 'oh crap' moments during my first trackdays. All the other aftermarket rearset's/pegs do no lower as much as the Buell, and are not made for comfort as much as proper foot position when racing....

Wrong!! CyclePirates.com - 360 Adjustable Mounts

Vortex rearsets. I used them and never will use stock again. Plus the pegs are fixed and you can use them for jackstand points to help when your changing swingarms or pulling engines. Buell pegs break with heavy use. I've seen two break already.

Back