no buell peg mod for 08 :(

FTMFW

Registered
so i guess i never found the thread that said 'buell peg mod works for up to 07 only'.....

the pins are a different size, so it will not work. well, you can make it work, but they wont fold right or stay up.

if anyone has any other info let me know.... would really like to drop these pegs.

I have done the mod also...sorry that I don't have the link but trust me dude...it will work. Keep looking:thumbsup:

so i guess i never found the thread that said 'buell peg mod works for up to 07 only'.....

the pins are a different size, so it will not work. well, you can make it work, but they wont fold right or stay up.

if anyone has any other info let me know.... would really like to drop these pegs.
i have them on my 08' and swapped them over from my 01'. you have to pm joe who will hook you up with the current springs and instructions for the rear brake adjustment. i think it ran me $10 for the springs but double check with him. here's the link.. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members-members/78309-buell-peg-mod-99-09-busa-owners.html :thumbsup:

Not to hijack this thread but since we're on the peg subject, Does anyone know how to modify the passenger pegs. I don't have a problem with the driver pegs, since I'm a shortazz, but my wife can't ride very long due to her hips hurting. I've looked to see if I could modify them but am afraid it will alter the strength if I do.

I did the Buell peg mod all you do is ....go to the local Hardly Davidson Shop get a set of the pegs and springs about $36.00 tops ,get a grinder or Dremel ,grind them top and bottom just enough to fit in the slot ...takes 15 minutes ..wear a mask....the stock pin and clips WORK with NO problems...trus me :thumbsup: I powdercoated mine.You MUST adjust your shifter and brake lever when your done.

Last edited:
i did the buell peg mod all you do is ....go to the local hardly davidson shop get a set of the pegs and springs about $36.00 tops ,get a grinder or dremel ,grind them top and bottom just enough to fit in the slot ...takes 15 minutes ..wear a mask....the stock pin and clips work with no problems...trus me :thumbsup: I powdercoated mine.you must adjust your shifter and brake lever when your done.

the buell pegs i bought from hd had larger holes than the suzuki pegs, i installed bushings and used the suzuki pins and springS. ??? I HAVE K8

Last edited:
I did the Buell peg mod all you do is ....go to the local Hardly Davidson Shop get a set of the pegs and springs about $36.00 tops ,get a grinder or Dremel ,grind them top and bottom just enough to fit in the slot ...takes 15 minutes ..wear a mask....the stock pin and clips WORK with NO problems...trus me :thumbsup: I powdercoated mine.You MUST adjust your shifter and brake lever when your done.

I just did this mod with my new helibars. Cost me $40.00 and it works great... Thank you for the info/mod... :thumbsup:

members for members for the mod had it on my gen I and my genII e- mail joe great guy to deal with

I work for Harley and can get these parts on my employee discount. Anyone have part numbers?

I got mine on line somewhere and the bolted right on. Seems like they had a spacer with them. Mine did not cost that much. I have an 08

Hey Guys,......this was an old thread that someone dug up,.......but I'm still around. The Buells work on all Busas to present!! Go to the Members for Members section if you are NOT a DIY guy,......and would like a complete, ready to install, no hassles packages! Thanks all!!!!:beerchug:

Back