Knight Design lowered footpegs for a Gen 2

RX1Jim

Registered
I am planning to install a set of lowered footpegs on my 09 Gen 2. I have heard good reports on the Buell pegs and the Knight design pegs. Knight offers pegs which are lowered by 1 3/8" and 2 3/8". Can anyone tell me how much the modified Buell pegs lower the foot position? Any feedback on members who have installed the Knight Design pegs? The Knight site says the 2 3/8" lowered pegs will not work with a stock Gen 2 exhaust. I have a pair of Yosh R77 slipons on my Gen 2, any idea if the 2 3/8" lowered pegs will work with this exhaust? Many thanks and wish everyone a SAFE riding season!!

Jim

The guy I sold my 08 to put on a set of the 2" pegs. It had the older style Yosh CF slip ons and they cleared with just a hair of trimming to the corner of the peg for good measure. I had the 1" on my 05 with Two Bros slip ons and they rubbed just a hair. I believe the Buel pegs are about an inch. For what it's worth the Knight pegs are a bit more money but in my opinion they are some of the best quality pegs on the market.

I just picked up the KD 1 inch lower pegs. They fit great and are of high quality.
One thing I would caution is to make sure you get the correct tread for your style of riding.
Mine are the quadtrax tread and they are very aggressive like motocross pegs, great for racing but probably not so good for street riding.

I inclined to go with the Knight pegs which are 1 3/8" lowered. I might lose to much cornering clearance with the 2"lowered pegs. I'm going to go with the less aggressive tread pattern. I am hoping these pegs with a pair of heli-bars makes the bike more comfortable for long distance rides.

I used the cycle pirates ones that give you two inches but you can clock them to fit. I have a set of import rear sets that I will try to see if they work better for me once I recover fro hip surgery complications. Im almost 6'* amy wear sz 15 boot so I need all i can get.

Back