BT,Monsta,the other paint pro's

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
guys...i wanna spray my Bus with this certain color . Thing is, it has too much metal flake in it . Is there a certain spot in the color code that determines the amount of flake?

I dont want the sparkle in the color I have chosen . Its a factory color(non-motorcycle thou ) . If I leave out the flake , will it alter the color at all . I dont think it will....but I wanna be sure .

I want to hand the donkey bobo behind the counter at my local paint house .....the exact code if possible....
without doing the scan...ya...it can be accurate.Have any of you guys got paint codes from factories , or dealerships ?

thx doods.....RSD.

Is it flake or metallic. Flake can be sprayed light or heavy. Metallic is part of the color it self. or maybe Im just talking out of my ass.
rock.gif

Bro.....you talkin metal flake or pearl.
Totally depends on what color the flake/pearl is, but the chances of it changing the overall color is quite high......it's amazing how much one pearl, or flake can change a color.
Did ya check out PPG's Radiance book......some really killer colours in there....maybe you can find a similar color with less pearl or flake.
Lordco has the book if ya wanna check it.

thanks doods . Every once in a while I need little refresher courses in certain aspects of customizing . I haven't painted anything for a couple years...hope I dont fug it up .

hav a good 1....RSD.

when painting metallic, the flakes have to lay down properly or it will get shadowed.

painting pearl is not as hard, except getting the combination in the mix.

if you fug it up, rub it out and do it again!
biggrin.gif

Back