Painting Rearsets?

busa_boy_69

Registered
I was just curious if anyone on here has painted their rearsets to match their bike better?

My bike has a TON of black and that greyish tone on them sticks out like a sore thumb. I dont wanna blow money on aftermarket ones just to change the color. Im happy with the factory ones but that color gotta go!

Pics pics pics if anyone has done it please?

Mabupa bike look a great front rear and rear master cylinder everything. With my bike being turbo by shock linkage stands out gonna paint that also.

I was just curious if anyone on here has painted their rearsets to match their bike better?

My bike has a TON of black and that greyish tone on them sticks out like a sore thumb. I dont wanna blow money on aftermarket ones just to change the color. Im happy with the factory ones but that color gotta go!

Pics pics pics if anyone has done it please?
Hi. I would have them powder coated it will hold up better. I have a 1999 with a 2008 sub frame and tail I have 2008 rear foot pegs I cut the center out and I cut off the exaust mount off they look great and I saved 16 oz each.

I have the same problem as you. A have silver rearsets and now I want them gold. I paint a lot of details on my bike and it holds up perfectly well but paint will wear off easily if it's contacting you constantly.

If you paint them, accept that you will need to do repeated touchups on the parts that contact your feet. Clearcoat will help. I imagine doing touchups with a brush rather than spray will be best otherwise the paint will build up very thickly in spots that do not wear off.

There are shops that do anodizing. Enquire with them about the process. I imagine you would need to sand and polish all parts down to bare metal before they get anodized. They probably would do that for you since I believe they need to ensure no oxidation is present on the surface before they anodize.

The cheapest alternative might be to buy some knockoffs from Asia. I've heard they work fine.

Back