BT-15 rear tire pics after track day

2hip

Registered
Just a couple of pics of my k8 BT-15's after first day at Infineon at Novice (read scared poop-less) level. It is amazing how the look of the tire changed through the day. The A level riders tires looked 300 times worse. The experienced riders told me the tire is just "worked" but no damage. They also told me you can never get a tire hot like this on street. I believe them.

Infineon Trak Day 10-23-08 008.jpg

Infineon Trak Day 10-23-08 009.jpg

Infineon Trak Day 10-23-08 010.jpg

I had the same wear on my BT 15's but also noticed that if you kept the speed up with no slow downs for others that the tire got greasy and slippery. I switched to Pirelli Corsa III's. No more slip.

Good Job! I to found the 15 to be more than adequate for track day use. With proper air pressure I found the 15 worked wonderfully well and never showed any signs of slippage at all. GREAT TIRED!

How sticky is the BTO15? Pretty dang gummy!
DSC02038.jpg

It seems to me that on track days ,frequently ,bikes gain rubber matterial from other bikes .Due to high temperature rubber which is left by other bikes sticks to ours(and vise versa)???

I've said many times that the stock BT015 is a very, very good tire and more than the average rider may ever need. Way to rip it up!:bowdown:

Back