Brother w/his girl almost went down on my Busa

Youkai

Registered
Well my brother's girlfriend wanted another ride on a motorcycle, my bro has a 04 R6 but has a full-Ti race exhaust which he had to remove the pass pegs.

So I figured, since this might be the last ride of the season I would let him and his girl ride my busa (this isn't the first time) while I rode his R6.

We went out in the afternoon and came onto an onramp that we have taken numerous times, with my bro ahead of me I got a front row seat. As we were exiting the curve right before the merging lane, there was a wet patch of road. It didn't rain the entire day (clear and Sunny) or the night before so I don't know where it came from but we couldn't avoid it.

This is from him:
"When I hit the wet patch, the handlebars went all they way to the right and the rear was sliding. The entire time I thought I was gonna lose it."

I saw the patch and I thought I was in trouble and then I remembered my bro ahead of me. When I looked up, I saw the rear of the busa sliding and then catch. He was about a foot-and-half from the guardrail when it caught and he didn't highside (thank god). He pulled over immediately and we just both looked at each other in fright and astonishment.

The entire time I saw this, I was praying my bro and his girl were gonna be alright and I didn't give a second thought about the bike. Everyone had gear on, but if they had lowsided they would have been thrown into traffic. It was a lucky day today and everyone be safe.

P.S. - we also bought lottery tickets the same day.

WORD OF ADVICE YOU LEARNED NEARLY THE HARD WAY:

PUSHING THE LAST RIDE OF THE SEASON... LEAVE IT PARKED too many people go down on that day. INCLUDING ME!.

it's the time of year the grounds always wet, and colder, the leaves are out and your at the point you need new tires but are going to wait till next season, you just cleaned it up, and you tend to over drive trying not to get it dirty..

THEN

mop n glow! Glad it didnt happen

wow.gif
Very close call!! I am sure that you changed your shorts afterwards.

whew! definately a close call but i like the outcome. who knows, maybe you will win the lottery.
biggrin.gif

WORD OF ADVICE YOU LEARNED NEARLY THE HARD WAY:

PUSHING THE LAST RIDE OF THE SEASON... LEAVE IT PARKED too many people go down on that day.  INCLUDING ME!.

it's the time of year the grounds always wet, and colder, the leaves are out and your at the point you need new tires but are going to wait till next season, you just cleaned it up, and you tend to over drive trying not to get it dirty..

THEN

mop n glow!   Glad it didnt happen
+1 on that, i tell myself all the time to be careful these last few days

Glad it turned out well
cool.gif

I can sympathize with having to watch it from behind. I let my brother-in-law ride my 800 pound H-D, and about had a heart attack when he "almost" dropped it leaving the parking lot. He wasn't used to the weight OR the brakes.

Glad he reeled it back in. Lets be carefull boyz, it's that time of year. A local law enforcement officer here hit a deer Thursday night and did not survive. Lots of hazards to avoid now!

for as long as i can remember, i have not been able to do a last ride with something always coming up and am glad: you folks hit it right on the head about worn tires, leaves, etc. plus just wanting to finish out hot and fast

Glad to read about the "Close Call" instead of the "I watched my Friend total my Busa" Post! Who cares about the Lottery. Looks to me like you already had enough good fortune for one day!

Back