Brocks Hindle/Hindle

BUMP...
rock.gif

Based on the experience I have had over the last week let me take a crack at explaining this.

Brock designs all of his pipes but Hindle manufactures them for Brock. The biggest difference between the Brock pipe and the Hindle pipe is the fact that the Hindle pipe has plates welded into it thus causing air flow restriction while the Brock pipes have no plates thus easier flowing with no restrictions.

You can only buy a Brock 2.25" racing exhaust from Brock or one of their authorized distributors.

Even though Hindle makes the Brock pipes they are not allowed to sell them. They make them, send them to Brock and then Brock makes a few mods and then sends them off to their distributors.

When in doubt call Brock 937-298-6818. Very nice guy and he will explain everything.

I got the above information from both Brock Davidson and Lee Hindle just last Thursday.

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 18 2007,16:19) Based on the experience I have had over the last week let me take a crack at explaining this.

Brock designs all of his pipes but Hindle manufactures them for Brock.  The biggest difference between the Brock pipe and the Hindle pipe is the fact that the Hindle pipe has plates welded into it thus causing air flow restriction while the Brock pipes have no plates thus easier flowing with no restrictions.

You can only buy a Brock 2.25" racing exhaust from Brock or one of their authorized distributors.

Even though Hindle makes the Brock pipes they are not allowed to sell them. They make them, send them to Brock and then Brock makes a few mods and then sends them off to their distributors.

When in doubt call Brock 937-298-6818. Very nice guy and he will explain everything.

I got the above information from both Brock Davidson and Lee Hindle just last Thursday.
Hmmm...no kidding. Thanks Brad, I appreciate the info.

I know Hindle sells a 2.25" race system as well, but what/where are these plates located at in the pipe?

Just trying to figure out why Hindle wouldn't simply remove the aforementioned plates for themselves?

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 18 2007,16:37) I know Hindle sells a 2.25" race system as well, but what/where are these plates located at in the pipe?

Just trying to figure out why Hindle wouldn't simply remove the aforementioned plates for themselves?
The plates are located in the collector from what Lee Hindle told me. However, Brock told me there are also plates in the headers. Hindle cannot sell them with the plates removed becasue they are Brock's design. I am sure there is a bunch of legalities involved.

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 18 2007,16:42)
(Over_Easy @ Mar. 18 2007,16:37) I know Hindle sells a 2.25" race system as well, but what/where are these plates located at in the pipe?

The plates are located in the collector from what Lee Hindle told me. However, Brock told me there are also plates in the headers.  Hindle cannot sell them with the plates removed becasue they are Brock's design. I am sure there is a bunch of legalities involved.
Looks as if Brock bettered Hindle's design by simply removing the plates and Brock maintained the sole right to sell them "plateless" while Hindle gets the additional unit movement and larger marketshare....win-win.

Just not sure if Brock's additional cost is justified by simply removing some plates for better air flow.
rock.gif

I have no said plates in my header. I have the Hindle step race system. If they're is a difference in performance, i can't find it,as my Hindle brand stepped system runs as well as Yamahor's stepped BDE. Ben and i compared the two using the BDE map on both bikes.  Save your money and buy the Hindle. I'll even give you the BDE map i have, but it does run a bit rich because it's a track map. Yamahor does have a street map version.

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 01 2006,22:11) my guess is....ones a hindle and the other is a hindle w/ brocks map and "streetsmart" labeling...one runs about $600-$700 and the other about $1,000-$1,100....and i'm a fairly good "guesser".
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
That's right Jinkster....mine was 1100 bucks and support from Brock.
cool.gif

cool.gif

(GMbusa @ Mar. 18 2007,21:18) I have no said plates in my header. I have the Hindle step race system. If they're is a difference in performance, i can't find it,as my Hindle brand stepped system runs as well as Yamahor's stepped BDE. Ben and i compared the two using the BDE map on both bikes.  Save your money and buy the Hindle. I'll even give you the BDE map i have, but it does run a bit rich because it's a track map. Yamahor does have a street map version.
I can't see justification for the Brock either. I won't be hitting the track or drag strips. Yes, you get a map and support, but I could even have a custom dyno performed with the money saved.

Someone needs to have both systems put on the same bike and dyno under the same conditions for each.

(Leo @ Mar. 19 2007,10:05) WOW  
SHOCKED.gif
 no counter response from Brock
rock.gif

wow.gif
It's an older post...not as if he has time to hang out here on the org.

Me on the other hand, I have a nasty flu kicking my ass right now.

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 19 2007,12:22)
(Leo @ Mar. 19 2007,10:05) WOW  
SHOCKED.gif
 no counter response from Brock
rock.gif

wow.gif
It's an older post...not as if he has time to hang out here on the org.

Me on the other hand, I have a nasty flu kicking my ass right now.
The flu SuCkS!!!
crazy.gif

I'm still surprised Goldenchild didn't get a hold of Brock to respond to the observations / comments...
rock.gif

IMHO based on the overall result of the thread, I'd be surprised if anyone bought his system after reading this post
AAAssjani.gif

rock.gif

I would buy from Brock again, just because of hte way he handled this situation. He makes a great pipe, provides great support and is willing to help anyone running his product. That means more to me than a few extra bucks.
beerchug.gif

Brock, if you do log into this thread.... THANKS AGAIN for all your help with my situation.

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 19 2007,13:15) than a few extra bucks.  
beerchug.gif
I can appreciate that one definitely has to take great customer service into account, but a few extra bucks is not the case here from what I see in the thread...

Looks like Hindle version is approx. $600, and Brock' is $1,200
eek2.gif
That's DOUBLE THE PRICE
eek2.gif
That's some expensive value added
rock.gif
Don't you think?

eek2.gif

I do not know where people are getting their pricing.

Retail for just the header and the collector is $949.95, then you still have to buy the megaphone. Don't know where $600 comes into the picture, but it is not even near correct.

Don't get me wrong, Brock provides a great service and can offer you all you may need... for a price.

But, if you don't mind doing your own work and might get your bike custom mapped down the road, a Hindle system is the way to go. It'll save you a couple hundred bucks. The way i figure it is that by buying a Hindle, PC3 and getting the map done by a reputable guy, you should have around the same as a Brock system.

Here is what I found for pricing in 5 min on the net...

Looks like Hindle $690.64 For P/N SXR1300SSR, which is the Full Race Exhaust...

Brock's Version $1,045

So, that's $354.36 diff. between the exhausts, and ofcourse, you still have to buy a PC and get a map...

beerchug.gif

Hello everyone, I am also looking for a exhaust system and thats how I found myself here. I was reading msg's here and noticed the prices giving for the Hindle above. I believe the price of $690.64 is just for the stanless steal race header, you will still need to pick out a muffler from the large selection they list which would bring the price up to around $ 1000+ . I guess I will still look for the best all around setup for my O5' LE. Thanks for the info guys!

I can offer that Hindle system cheaper than the $1k mark.

Back