Hindle Or HMF ???

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
i was wondering about the HMF dual high mount system i have seen it on a few of the members rides and it looks slammin, was wondering how much louder over stock this system is . and how about the power increase , verses the hindle 4-2-1 ...I do realize that the hindle will probably be sizeably louder,lighter more power? But still like that dual look...

Dood, if you like the dual look, then you have your answer. If you want sweet sound and good power, HINDLE! .. and welcome to the board!

Thank-you yes ilike the dual look but need to know how much louder than stock they are if its a noticable diff. ...

They are much louder than stock. Louder than yoshi. Go for the dual high mounts!!

Umm as far as a noticeable difference over stock... My buddies started wearing earplugs after I got the HMFs! They are LOUD. Too loud for some, but I love them. I used to do my best to leave my neighborhood at under 2500 rpms so as to not disturb them.

Best sounding pipe I have heard on the busa, but MSF and others say the HMF big bird sounds better, so I take their word for it. D&D are just as loud as the HMFs, but its very raspy and annoying, not throaty like the HMFs.

FYI The dual HMFs are louder than the Hindle at idle and at speed. Yes I have heard both.

Both pipes have stepped headers, which make really good power.

They get you to virtually the same HP, around 168-171ish depending on your bike if you have it tuned properly.

The dual HMFs cost a touch more than the hindle, but you are getting more pipe. On the other hand, the Hindle being a single pipe weighs less.

If sound is an issue, and you like loud, I PROMISE you wont be dissapointed.

I wish I weren't on 56k, I got a good MPEG of me coming out of a corner at about 7K RPMs with em.

Actually shoot me your email address and I might be able to hook you up from work tomorrow with the video.

TAGGED.
tounge.gif

Umm as far as a noticeable difference over stock...  My buddies started wearing earplugs after I got the HMFs!  They are LOUD.  Too loud for some, but I love them.  I used to do my best to leave my neighborhood at under 2500 rpms so as to not disturb them.

Best sounding pipe I have heard on the busa, but MSF and others say the HMF big bird sounds better, so I take their word for it.  D&D are just as loud as the HMFs, but its very raspy and annoying, not throaty like the HMFs.

FYI  The dual HMFs are louder than the Hindle at idle and at speed.  Yes I have heard both.  

Both pipes have stepped headers, which make really good power.

They get you to virtually the same HP, around 168-171ish depending on your bike if you have it tuned properly.

The dual HMFs cost a touch more than the hindle, but you are getting more pipe.  On the other hand, the Hindle being a single pipe weighs less.

If sound is an issue, and you like loud, I PROMISE you wont be dissapointed.

I wish I weren't on 56k, I got a good MPEG of me coming out of a corner at about 7K RPMs with em.
Couldn't have said it better Bill !

Welcome to the board. I installed the Hindle this past winter and I finally got the bike out of the garage yesterday for the first time to bring it to the local dealer to get an oil change done, and I really like the sound of it. I can't wait to really run her up and see what she can really sound like.
smile.gif

Glad to see you finally got the bike out, BusaBoy. I originally thought my HMF's were a little loud, but after a few weeks, I really like the sound. Very deep, throaty....and I love the looks.

Back