Breaking temperature records

I don't know if I 100% trust the "historical" data which this is being compared to....who say in the 1800s or early 1900s was tracking global data?

Over half of North America (and much of the world) wasn't even populated then so who was collecting this data?

How do we know that this heat isn't part of a cycle the earth undergoes?

We talk about the excessive heat but in May I could see my breath and it was too cold to plant our garden until the last week in May.

There seems to be a lot of volcanic activity of late, how much does this affect weather? I'd say quite a bit..

I don't know if I 100% trust the "historical" data which this is being compared to....who say in the 1800s or early 1900s was tracking global data?

Over half of North America (and much of the world) wasn't even populated then so who was collecting this data?

How do we know that this heat isn't part of a cycle the earth undergoes?

We talk about the excessive heat but in May I could see my breath and it was too cold to plant our garden until the last week in May.

There seems to be a lot of volcanic activity of late, how much does this affect weather? I'd say quite a bit..
Exactly. We have scientific evidence that the planet heats and cools repeatedly long before we came along. We could stop all of our manmade CO2 production tomorrow. The earth will still heat and cool.

If you zoom in on timelines, you can cherry pick the data. Pick a point where it was cooling off say the 1700s as an example. Then compare it to 2023. Gee it looks like we humans are doing this.

Or go back to a point where it was heated to a higher number and compare it to now and the temps aren't that much different. So they can't use manmade emissions as the temp difference isn't nearly as significant.

So they don't pick that data point.

We have warmed enough to have raised ocean levels high enough that fossilized sealife is found hundreds of miles inland. Man wasn't even present at that time.

The earth is heating again. We just happen to be here to suffer through it.

Some people want to go carbon neutral with their $.

I'll just build a swimming pool.

Discuss temperature levels all you want, but damage to the ozone layer is documented. Efforts that many scoff at has started to reverse the damage as the natural process has begun to repair the layer or at least stop it from getting worse.

Reactions: pcs
Exactly. We have scientific evidence that the planet heats and cools repeatedly long before we came along. We could stop all of our manmade CO2 production tomorrow. The earth will still heat and cool.

If you zoom in on timelines, you can cherry pick the data. Pick a point where it was cooling off say the 1700s as an example. Then compare it to 2023. Gee it looks like we humans are doing this.

Or go back to a point where it was heated to a higher number and compare it to now and the temps aren't that much different. So they can't use manmade emissions as the temp difference isn't nearly as significant.

So they don't pick that data point.

We have warmed enough to have raised ocean levels high enough that fossilized sealife is found hundreds of miles inland. Man wasn't even present at that time.

The earth is heating again. We just happen to be here to suffer through it.

Some people want to go carbon neutral with their $.

I'll just build a swimming pool.
We do however break a new record on the planet each passing second. Something we know for sure, planet earth has never ever experienced before.

Worth mentioning, the data presented is a European Billion, in US metrics that is 8 + Trillion.

Europe a trillion is exponent of 12, US it is 9.

Last edited:
We do however break a new record on the planet each passing second. Something we know for sure, planet earth has never ever experienced before.

Worth mentioning, the data presented is a European Billion, in US metrics that is 8 + Trillion.

Europe a trillion is exponent of 12, US it is 9.
Plenty of data that suggest otherwise.

What's the hottest Earth's ever been?.

Here it's tracked to the perturbation of the Earth's axis tilts.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/#:~:text=Earth's%20climate%20has%20changed%20throughout%20history.,era%20%E2%80%94%20and%20of%20human%20civilization.

If only we could change the earths axis tilt.

Discuss temperature levels all you want, but damage to the ozone layer is documented. Efforts that many scoff at has started to reverse the damage as the natural process has begun to repair the layer or at least stop it from getting worse.
Exactly. The earth will repair itself. We may not survive that process, but science has proven mother nature works out the preservation.

I think the onset of all the nuclear weapons testing sort of presented new challenges. But we can't undo that.

The answer to my post is irrelevant. You did not open the link I posted, neither did you read the whole post.
I opened every one of them. Your stated outcome of this is the hottest we have ever been is what I dispute. Evidence suggest otherwise. Perhaps it's the hottest WE modern humans that record history have seen. But that's our circumstances in time. Man was around in human form at the end of the last ice age 100,000 years ago. The earth warmed.

Canada wildfire season is now the worst on record Canada wildfire season is now the worst on record

There sure are a lot of signs to be ignored?

Canada is known for its fires, but this is the first time we know of, where the smoke has gone as far as the European Union.

We were under an air particle health warning here in North Carolina a few weeks back.
There are many variables at play for the amount of wild fires we have this year...one big one is man made uncontrolled fires...natural ignition is one thing man made ignition is another..

I watched a documentary on TV some time back where scientists have stated that over the years we have been too good at putting out fires and this has led to an unprecedented amount of fuel in the forests.....

We have had to become good at putting out wild fires because man has moved into areas which are known fire paths.....much like man has moved into areas which are known flood plains....

You see fires and ambient air temperatures don't coincide, the two are not symbiotic.

Was it Trump that cited lack of forest management for the amount of wild fires in California? He wasn't off the mark there....

I opened every one of them. Your stated outcome of this is the hottest we have ever been is what I dispute. Evidence suggest otherwise. Perhaps it's the hottest WE modern humans that record history have seen. But that's our circumstances in time. Man was around in human form at the end of the last ice age 100,000 years ago. The earth warmed.
Actually no. The specific post you replied to was about 8+ trillion human beings and growing, nothing to do with temperatures in that specific post.

There are many variables at play for the amount of wild fires we have this year...one big one is man made uncontrolled fires...natural ignition is one thing man made ignition is another..

I watched a documentary on TV some time back where scientists have stated that over the years we have been too good at putting out fires and this has led to an unprecedented amount of fuel in the forests.....

We have had to become good at putting out wild fires because man has moved into areas which are known fire paths.....much like man has moved into areas which are known flood plains....

You see fires and ambient air temperatures don't coincide, the two are not symbiotic.

Was it Trump that cited lack of forest management for the amount of wild fires in California? He wasn't off the mark there....
Yup!

Interesting. I live on several acres here in North Carolina, with really dense forest. I purchased the property and cleared a small section to build the house and a shop. The two acres I cleared, we removed approximately 1,500 trees. No one here has ever had a fire, sometimes forest management burns for control sections about one mile away from me. But no significant fires ever.

I guess you must experience a lot of drought in summer? With proper forest management, that could probably be controlled, but it would probably take a massive effort.

All that said though, if I burn anything on my property out in the country, I need a permit, and if they see smoke, they come and look. If I don't have the permit, big problem.

Last edited:
Interesting. I live on several acres here in North Carolina, with really dense forest. I purchased the property and cleared a small section to build the house and a shop. The two acres I cleared, we removed approximately 1,500 trees. No one here has ever had a fire, sometimes forest management burns for control sections about one mile away from me. But no significant fires ever.

I guess you must experience a lot of drought in summer? With proper forest management, that could probably be controlled, but it would probably take a massive effort.

All that said though, if I burn anything on my property out in the country, I need a permit, and if they see smoke, they come and look. If I don't have the permit, big problem.
Same here, we need permits, a separate one of open burning and one for recreational burning....

Even in provincial and national parks people are supposed to have burn permits.

Lots of people don't bother nor do they check the fire index....these people have bush parties with huge bon fires which spread quickly...

If you look at the areas where the wild fires spread, there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of acres of forest....add to this the great idea of the government to reduce ministry of resources people and we have a perfect catalyst for wild fires.

Lots of micro bursts and tornados frequent these areas knocking trees down creating the main fuel source...and nobody around to clear it.

Same here, we need permits, a separate one of open burning and one for recreational burning....

Even in provincial and national parks people are supposed to have burn permits.

Lots of people don't bother nor do they check the fire index....these people have bush parties with huge bon fires which spread quickly...

If you look at the areas where the wild fires spread, there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of acres of forest....add to this the great idea of the government to reduce ministry of resources people and we have a perfect catalyst for wild fires.

Lots of micro bursts and tornados frequent these areas knocking trees down creating the main fuel source...and nobody around to clear it.
I always thought you guys live in a paradise with lush growth, wetlands, lots of lakes and snow capped mountains.

Did a google and this article does what we all deny, namely it blames the human species for what is happening now.

I always thought you guys live in a paradise with lush growth, wetlands, lots of lakes and snow capped mountains.

Did a google and this article does what we all deny, namely it blames the human species for what is happening now.

Most likely in the same manner that ancient Egypt surrounding the pyramids was a lush green area, and is now a desert....

Look at the "dust bowl" conditions in the US in the late '20s early '30s....

Same sort of principle...

That article was written by a vegetarian obviously.....remember there were herds of buffalo numbering in the hundreds of thousands not that many years ago....what carbon footprint would they have had. It is said there are far less cattle and livestock than there were buffalo.

The destruction of the Amazon rain forest is what troubles me more...

Most likely in the same manner that ancient Egypt surrounding the pyramids was a lush green area, and is now a desert....

Look at the "dust bowl" conditions in the US in the late '20s early '30s....

Same sort of principle...

That article was written by a vegetarian obviously.....remember there were herds of buffalo numbering in the hundreds of thousands not that many years ago....what carbon footprint would they have had. It is said there are far less cattle and livestock than there were buffalo.

The destruction of the Amazon rain forest is what troubles me more...
I don't know the answer to this, but just thinking aloud.

Do buffalo roaming in the wild and fertilizing the land with their poop spread out widely really pose problem? If we compare that with cattle in a pen, living from produce which is harvested for them?

Last edited:
Back