Brand New Busa!

thanks for the tip PiratediverJefff, the reason I mentioned a synthetic blend is because the guys at the dealership told me that a full synthetic is not compatible with the clutch....

Ky busa,
I've been doing a little reading and wasn't aware of the GenI & GenII's, is there a significant difference between your '05 and '11? I would hope there would be some improvements, not necessarily vast but some....

Krondom,
Did you get my message about the difficulty I was having trying to access the links you sent me? I wonder if anyone else has encountered the same problem....

Motorcycle specific full synthetic is wet clutch compatible bro,probably one of the best things you can do for your bike(and may even notice a little smoother shifting).Ran the Motul 300V in my turbo bike for 3 years(OEM plates)and never any slippage,etc.Went with the Joe Gibbs Driven MX1 on my last oil change just for the hell of it,also like the Motul 300V,Brad Penn,etc.(sportbikeryder John on the boards calls it my "Beverly Hills" oil:laugh:).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/jgr-03107/overview/

welcome and research before you buy parts. this place is great for all your info. search search search

Thanks B Rad, I appreciate the advice and yes I'm certain I can find all sorts of useful information on this website. I'm actually taking off to go ride PCH from Long Beach to Thousand Oaks right now on the new Busa....

2011 busa more power better brakes handles better like the gear indicator 2005 busa like bolt on fairings better more trunk space miss gas mileage indicator. Brought both new there awesome bikes when I sold the 05 it had 60,000 miles never gave me any problems just basic maintance oil & filter changed every 4000 miles never used any 18,000 miles on 2011 went 5,000 miles this time it didn,t use any oil either

Krondom,
Did you get my message about the difficulty I was having trying to access the links you sent me? I wonder if anyone else has encountered the same problem....

have used the link to download manuals...no issues or problems at all :)

I'm in Long Beach ZRXMAX, what exactly do you mean by unbolting the oil line?

I am reffering to the oil line that is in your way when you go to ( attempt ) to put an oil filter wrench on the oil filter to remove it. You must remove your right side fairing first to access the filter.

It is held in place by 2 allen screws. Hope that helps.

Dunlop Q2 tires are great tires, also Michelin Pilot powers, you will get between 3 and 4 thousand miles out of these, Michelin Road 2 or 3s not as sticky, more of a sport touring tire, you should get between 6 to 8 thousand miles out of these, just depends on how hard you ride. There are other great tires out there, these are just the ones I have ran on my bikes. I also have an 05 Busa, it only has 83000 miles on it. :D Welcome to the .ORG. :)

welcome and congrats on your new bike, gotta love a like new 05 for 6K. Got my last Busa the same way, 1K miles for 6K, here's mine. You should be able to find the downloadable service manual somewhere on this site, it used to be available here.

247.jpg

Back