Brand New Busa!

CountryBumpkin

Registered
I just bought a new "used" 2005 Hayabusa with only 800 miles for $5800. I absolutely love this bike and am so excited about it I can't stop talking about it1 I want to learn as much as I can and find out as much as possible about it. Hopefully other owners will be able to guide me as to what is the right thing as far as service, maintenance, add ons, etc. I've always wanted a Busa and came across the opportunity to purchase one and couldn't pass it up. Apparently this bike was bought in '05 and just sat in storage until the brother of the now deceased owner had the bike transported back to Cali. I'm the lucky recipient of the bike and I love the power, the torque, it's unbelievable!

2005 Busa.jpg

2005 Busa2.jpg

what I need is the owners manual and/or shop manual for this bad boy....anyone know where I can get one? I'm going to change the oil and I was thinking of using Motul 20-50 synthetic blend. New tires, it came with Bridgestone and I'd like to put on Dunlop Power Road 3's. Possibly power commander and 2 brothers exhaust.

I couldn't pass it up! Especially when I knew it was new! OMG! I gotta go outside and take it for a ride right now....lol
Anyone know exactly where the idle adjustment is? Do I need to take off the side covers to get to it? Removing the oil filter seems easy to change the oil, all I need is an oil filter wrench to undo it until it's easy enough to remove it by hand.

I couldn't pass it up! Especially when I knew it was new! OMG! I gotta go outside and take it for a ride right now....lol
Anyone know exactly where the idle adjustment is? Do I need to take off the side covers to get to it? Removing the oil filter seems easy to change the oil, all I need is an oil filter wrench to undo it until it's easy enough to remove it by hand.

Congratulaions ! I have the exact same Busa and paid just about what you did with 7700 miles on it a year ago. It had Yosh cans on it and I replaced it with a 4 into one Yosh carbon can system. I also raised the bars an inch with a spacer kit. I also love this bike because it runs excellent and hauls ass !

Idle adjustment... shouldn't be to hard to find... I haven't had to adjust mine yet.

You better hope you need a filter wrench to get it off. If its only hand tight then I woud estimate it wasn't torqued tight enough when installed. I could be wrong about that.

Its much easier to get the filter off if you unbolt the oil line that you will find in your way. This will also get a little more oil out of the system when you change it.

I would post a picture on my Busa but you alread know what it looks like ! lol !

You got a great Busa and will have lots of fun with it if your like me.

What part of the country are you in ? I am in socal.

idle adjust phillips screw is on the right side where your thigh would touch the tank (underneath). you can see it if you squat down but you will have to prop the tank to access it. i put a (2000 model) adjuster extension cable on it to avoid the tank prop which is oem. congrats on your clean 05' and enjoy it.:beerchug:

Thanks for the links Krondom, but I'm having difficulty downloading them. My computer is warning me that this might be a virus or something. Anyone else experience this kind of issue?

what I need is the owners manual and/or shop manual for this bad boy....anyone know where I can get one? I'm going to change the oil and I was thinking of using Motul 20-50 synthetic blend. New tires, it came with Bridgestone and I'd like to put on Dunlop Power Road 3's. Possibly power commander and 2 brothers exhaust.

I probably wouldn't run more than a 10w40 bro(usually 50w is reserved for Harleys)and Motul is a great oil(I've used Motul 300V 10w40 since 2009 and only recently switched to Joe Gibbs Driven MX1 which is a 10w30).Stay with a motorcycle specific oil,and a full synthetic if you don't mind the few extra $.

Back