Brakes Project

For those who wants cheaper solution to improve on their brakes. Do consider trying out gsxr 1000 with customize bracket. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320687195.247306.jpg

Here is an awesome low budget upgrade.....except for the Ohlins suspension :laugh:

From Kawi 06-11 ZX14R or Kawi 09-11 ZX6R. Truly a fantastic caliper. I use a Brembo 19x20 master cylinder, HEL brake lines, Galfer HH (Street/Track) brake pads and not pictured BrakeTec SS brake rotors.

IMG_20111119_121636.jpg

IMG_20111119_121659.jpg

I bought my brackets off ebay as well from japan. Gotta be specific on which 1's you order. They may send you the 65mm or the 100mm adaptors. Here is my setup with the 65mm bracket...........1 finger braking and i can stop on a dime:thumbsup: I got a set for the 100mm brembos if any1 in the U.S. is interested? taking offers.............:whistle:

busapic8.jpg
busapic7.jpg

Last edited:
#1busa said:
I bought my brackets off ebay as well from japan. Gotta be specific on which 1's you order. They may send you the 65mm or the 100mm adaptors. Here is my setup with the 65mm bracket...........1 finger braking and i can stop on a dime:thumbsup: I got a set for the 100mm brembos if any1 in the U.S. is interested? taking offers.............:whistle:

How long have you had the Japanese brackets on? Any problems?

I put over 3k miles on the setup. Had a guy at a cnc shop take a look at them before installing, said they were solid and had nothing to worry about.

I have had these on my ZRX for at least 6 years now. No issues. Don't recall if these were Japan brand though.

6.jpg

3.jpg

#1busa said:
I put over 3k miles on the setup. Had a guy at a cnc shop take a look at them before installing, said they were solid and had nothing to worry about.

That's good to hear. How was the improvement?

That's good to hear. How was the improvement?
Prior to doing the Brembo mod i had installed Braking front wave rotors, Spiegler SS brake lines, HH pads, and installed a factory master cylinder rebuild kit. I still wasnt satisfied and was able to feel the inconsistencies with the 6pot factory brakes. I doubted that i would notice a significant difference................ well lets just say im a believer now! Its Brembo or NO-Go:laugh: I can stop this big beast on a dime now, 1 finger braking now no exaggeration:whistle: I had to relearn how to ride my busa. I found i could ride a little more aggresively and have the braking power ALL the time, no more spongy braking or inconsistent pulls. They are really touchy..... wouldnt recommend if you are not an experienced rider, could do more harm than good.

Theres very little play with using the brembo MC, hard to explain but I have an adjustable lever so I set it up to where i like it but you could adjust it to grab sooner or later. Whats important is when it grabs it Grabs..........:whistle:

I use the 19x20 Brembo MC. Makes the feel much better. With all my brake upgrades, 1 finger braking sure but only requires about an 1/8th of inch of travel to start braking. Incredible braking from Nissin ZX14R calipers and that's why the newer ZX6s use them now too.

Thanks on the comments of the ZRX. It's a blast to ride for sure but needs to be reassembled once I get the EFI sorted on it. Converting from carbs to EFI

Back