Brakes Project

HongKongPhooey

Registered
My new project, found these babies on eBay, excellent condition. Went to get the adaptor brackets from yoyodyne to find that they don't do them any more... Aaaaaaargh!

I now have Harris making me some but they're gonna sting me £150!!!

Guess it will be worth it and you do get what u pay for. Don't wanna take chances with brakes!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314359431.282894.jpg

Nice! I am intrigued as if the new brake system on the 11 gsx-R 750 will be compatible with the big girl.
It would be nice to have some Brembo mono-block calipers up front.
Gonna do some research.:thumbsup:

I'm sure i found some brackets to fit radial calipers whilst I was researching mine... I'll see if I can find them and add the link.

On the Harris website they say that they can make a bracket for almost any application... They're not cheap but they do have a good reputation for quality....

https://www.harris-performance.com/website/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Harris_Brake_Parts_56.html

There's also a couple of options on the 'webike' site, depends how you feel about using Japanese stuff

http://japan.webike.net/index.php?m...&inc_subcat=1&keyword=Brembo+hayabusa&x=0&y=0

I wasn't sure, that's why I went to Harris. Dunno if any of this helps.

i put them nissin 4 pots on my gsxr 1000 as there a small mod replacement .

fantastic callipers even better with the new ebc super grippy pads or sbs brembo etc

pondpics001-1.jpg

Ah.... Finally had the time to get this project finished;

Brembo 4 pot calipers, conversion brackets fabricated by Harris Performance, black high tensile bolts, black Hel lines and EBC HH Pads....

Awesome!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316185810.845121.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316185829.928208.jpg

Looks like mission accomplished!
I like!
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Remember, with new improved brakes comes consequences sometimes.So go easy on them so you dont lock them up and lose it.

Just about bedded the pads in now... It's so much better, I'm really pleased with them. It's great to be able to scrub off speed with one finger!

Good point though, I will have to be careful not to grab a handful the next time some idiot pulls out in front of me!

Ah.... Finally had the time to get this project finished;

Brembo 4 pot calipers, conversion brackets fabricated by Harris Performance, black high tensile bolts, black Hel lines and EBC HH Pads....

Awesome!

Hi,
I have found a few brembo calipers on eBay too. But most of them are from ducati or rsv...according to my friend they don't fit into jap bikes.. What should I look out for in purchasing the calipers??

Mine are from a ducati... You can find spacer brackets to fit almost any donor calipers to the busa. You can get the brembo goldline calipers (65mm mounting centres) on eBay for quite a reasonable amount. The fabricated brackets cost slightly more than the calipers! (unless u get them from Japan) but the whole package with braided lines was only around the same price in total as buying wavy or EBC discs and I would argue that this is better as the problem with the stock brakes is the 6 pot calipers.

hi,

sorry to trouble you.. i wanna confirm the things i need before i place an order.. :)

are these the ones that suit busa?

Ducati 748 916 996 Brembo 65mm brake calipers, lines and pads | eBay
Ducati 748 916 996 Monster Brembo front brake calipers 65mm spacing | eBay
Ducati 748 916 996 Brembo 65mm brake calipers, lines and pads | eBay

hhmm the spacer bracket you are talking about, are they the white/sliver colour bracket on the previous picture u posted?

so all i need is 1 set of calipers and 1 set of bracket to fit them in and im good to go?

regards

Yes that's right... The brackets are the hard thing to source... I got mine from Harris because although more expensive I knew I would have complete confidence in them and they would be quality. There is a jap website selling them cheaper but I didn't want to take the risk. Are u in the UK?

Yes that's right... The brackets are the hard thing to source... I got mine from Harris because although more expensive I knew I would have complete confidence in them and they would be quality. There is a jap website selling them cheaper but I didn't want to take the risk. Are u in the UK?

i got the bracket from ebay, the seller is at taiwan.. im just trying my luck hope they fit in... --->

Last edited by a moderator:
Back