Kawabusa project plans

OKAY...future plans.
I was gonna sell the zrx and just piece another Hayabusa together.....

BUT....

It'd just be ANOTHER hayabusa.....nothing really special
to me or to anyone else for that matter

So decided to make my own kawabusa.

2001 ZRX
2000 Hayabusa motor

Contacted midmomc for a quote on frame and tank work required.......they are supposed to call me back. I am budgeting $1000 for this. If their quote exceeds this, I will do the conversion entirely in house.

Price and projected project cost:

$3500 ZRX
$500 2000 Hayabusa engine (yes I already have it and no it isn't hot. That is what I have left in the bike I parted out)
$1000 to midmomc for "adjustments"
+$500 for shipping back and forth
$1400 for Atech carbon bodywork
$500 for 2006 GSXR front end
$50 in custom triple clamp (made in house)
$150 for stainless steel lines
$150 for EK ZZZ 530 chain.
$50 for sprockets.

$7800

subtract from that the value of the parts taken off

$5000-6000 total investment.

Gains
Upgraded brakes (radial setup on front)
150-160 hp 100ft/lb tq BEFORE mods.
fuel injection
6 speed tranny geared for 201 mph in STOCK FORM
uber cool and lighter carbon bodywork (odds or seeing 2 of these bikes in the state is next to none)

Cons:
Not sure how long I'll have a license.
Seeing the unhappy faces on the 600/750 crew when I outright spank them to 160 mph. And of course the occasional unsuspecting 1000+cc guy who isn't prepared to be spanked by a REX.

Ought to make for an interesting streetfighter/? concept. Honestly though, after being in Europe for a few years exposed to the whole streetfighter/custom/frankenstein bike scene I would rather have a nice all original bodied Busa than the high-tailed pieced together stuff typical on these roads.

Sorry but that's a waste of money...You don't need to cut up a zrx and add a busa motor to beat 750s... Hell i beat Busas and 1000s every week at the track with a zrx1200....

Sorry but that's a waste of money...You don't need to cut up a zrx and add a busa motor to beat 750s... Hell i beat Busas and 1000s every week at the track with a zrx1200....
It's not about wasting money, and I'm positive it's not about spanking 600's and 1000's on a rex.  

It's about being original, creating something that's all your own, it's about enjoying your hobby enough and having the skills and creativity to put it together and make it work.

Hell, I bought a bike off the showroom floor because I don't have the skills or the knowledge to build one myself.  In truth, every single one of us who have ever spent a penny on a cosmetic mod just to look a little different than the next bike is no different than S4L, we just have less time and skills.

Just my .02

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150296484 -->

It's not about wasting money, and I'm positive it's not about spanking 600's and 1000's on a rex.  

It's about being original, creating something that's all your own, it's about enjoying your hobby enough and having the skills and creativity to put it together and make it work.

Hell, I bought a bike off the showroom floor because I don't have the skills or the knowledge to build one myself.  In truth, every single one of us who have ever spent a penny on a cosmetic mod just to look a little different than the next bike is no different than SL4, we just have less time and skills.

Just my .02
Very well put, Scott. My thoughts exactly.

I think it would be very cool to have a completly original bike. would love to see it when your done... Keep an update going! very cool s4l!

Not everyone can drop 1.45 60 footers

I'd like to see you do it at stock length yet to boot.

Stock for stock or piped to piped the new 600's will walk a stock REX.....with the same rider.

If you max out a REX (ie:1227 kit, cams, pipe, jet kit, ignition advancer, front end conversion etc) you will be lucky to top 160 hp 100ft/lbs tq AND you'll spend a lot more than my conversion will cost...

1227 kit $1500+
cams $600
pipe $500+
jet kit and pods $200+
advancer $40
$500 for 2006 GSXR front end
$50 in custom triple clamp (made in house)
$150 for stainless steel lines
____
$3540+port work+dyno time

So a base of $7000+ and less than $400 in parts to regain any cash from. Not to mention that the motor will then be MAX'D OUT and will only run on a minimuim of 92 octane.

My $6000-$7000 project gives 150-160 BASE on 87 octane. Fuel injection, computer controlled, 6 speed tranny, and carbon fiber bodywork.

BTW....looks darn near stock to me

kawabusa1t.jpg

Ought to make for an interesting streetfighter/? concept. Honestly though, after being in Europe for a few years exposed to the whole streetfighter/custom/frankenstein bike scene I would rather have a nice all original bodied Busa than the high-tailed pieced together stuff typical on these roads.
Once you get 4 or 5 busas and 3 or 4 turbo busas....you 2 will be bored of them. I have 2 close friends...both have busas. This year alone I have seen 10 times more Busas on the road than I ever have in the past. Never ever seen a carbon bodied hayabusa powered ZRX before. And if it bores me.....it can easily become a carbon bodied TURBO hayabusa powered ZRX. I have read that the ZRX chassis is on edge at 200hp.....can you imagine 300-400-or 700
rock.gif
?

Back