New Swingarm, rear suspension + Brakes

41.) Here is an up-close-and-personal picture of the Ohlins shock on the bike. Here you can see access to the low and high speed compression damper adjustments. Notice the clear tubing with green ooze running along the swingarm. I'll talk more about that in a bit.

Attachments

• 41_Ohlins_46PRXLS_rear_shock_w_rebound__and_low_and_high_speed_compression_dampers_adjusted_for_200l
    68.2 KB · Views: 127
42.) AHH, there's Waldo. How did he get there? Since I don't have any mufflers or rear footpegs (did you notice that yet"¦. if not you must not own a busa"¦.or probably any motorcycle for that matter) I couldn't mount the adjuster in the recommended location. So, this was a great solution! Again, custom fabrication by my bike shop.

42_Ohlins_Spring_preload_adjustment_knob_tucked_under_tail_section_w_Creative_Cycleworks_bracket.jpg

43.) Here is another part that I was super excited to get. I am SO tired of putting chain lube on my bike, just to clean the crap off of the swingarm, tire, bodywork, boots, pants, etc"¦ No matter how little I put on and how much I let it sit, that crap always made a mess. So I went for a Scottoiler. Oh yes, these things are standard issue in the UK, but unheard of here. It puts a small oil reservoir on the bike, and oils the chain as you ride. It is hooked up to the engine vacuum to prevent oil from continuously dripping all over the place, and the flow rate can be adjusted (for hotter or cooler climates). Supposedly it increases the life of the chain dramatically. So again, with the EK chain that isn't supposed to stretch, this baby, and coupled with the fact that I only put 1K-2K miles on the bike a year"¦.it might be forever before I get a black chain!

43_Scottoiler_Chain_Lube_Sytem.jpg

44.) So here is the Scottoiler MK7 Universal Chain Oiling Kit. It'll probably cost you more than a lifetime supply of chain lube or wax, but it's worth its weight in gold if you are sick of cleaning your bike. Unfortunately I still had to clean my bike when I got home because the chain was covered in grease from the factory. So it spewed this grey grease EVERYWHERE. It was MUCH easier to clean off than chain lube though, so it wasn't that bad.

44_Scottoiler_MK7_Universal_Chain_Oiling_Kit.jpg

45.) The scottoiler comes with one injector, however chains have 2 sides. So an optional upgrade is a: Scottoiler Duel injector. This oils both sides of the sprocket, hopefully extending chain life even longer.

45_Scottoiler_Duel_Injector.jpg

46.) No more chain lube for me. Here is a bottle of: Scottoil High temp (68-104°F) and
Scottoil Traditional (32-86°F) oil. I figure one will be for Summer riding and one will be for Spring/Fall riding. They can be mixed so that is good.

46_Scottoil___regular__32_86F__and_high_temp__68_104F_.jpg

47.) Here is the duel injector installed on the bike. It's bolted into the swingarm spool. It seems like it has some free play up and down. I'm going to have to see what happens as I ride because I don't want it falling into the chain, or the chain coming up and hitting it as I shift. No sense turning my bike into a chainsaw.

47_Scottoiler_Duel_injector_Installed_on_swingarm_spool.jpg

48.) Remember how I said there was an oil reservoir with the Scotttoiler. Well there it is! The instructions recommend inside the trunk, but I have no more trunk (too much electronics in there). So thanks to that TigerTail, this was the next best place. If I do lower the bike so much that I can't easily get in there, that rear-facing tube is what's used to fill it. Looking at this"¦.does anyone know of a hugger? I may want one"¦..

48_Scottoiler_MK7_Universal_Chain_Oiling_Kit_Installed_under_tail_1.jpg

Alright, that's it. When I'm able to save up the money this is the next round. Of course once you take a look at the list, you will realize that this will cost twice the money of my last round of mods (which certainly wasn't cheap), so I'll probably get around to this sometime around the year 2020. Eye on the prize.

-Oil filter relocator, Suzuki GSXR/Hayabusa "“ Exoticycle (Schnitzracing.com)
-Ohlins R+T forks
-Ohlins R+T fork radial caliper fork mtn. bottom end
-Fork sliders (motovationusa.com)
-Soupy's Hayabusa raked triples (soupysperformance.com) OR Schnitzracing.com black triple tree conversion
-Slam the front and the rear, adjust the suspension settings
-Brembo monobloc radial mount P4 caliper X99.C4.60
-Adapter for Ohlins R+T forks 40mm 320mm disc (yoyodyneti.com)
-Brembo organic pads
-Brembo narrow band racing rotors 320x6 suzuki"“standard
-Brembo GP Billet Radial pump Brake Master Cylinder 19x20
-Brembo micro switch + Brembo switch bracket
-h-e-l.co.uk dual line titanium brake line kit w black coating
-Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
-Brembo GP radial pump clutch master cylinder 19x20
-h-e-l.co.uk steel black pvc coated clutch line w/Titan. fittings+banjo bolts
-Motul RBF 600 brake (clutch) fluid
-Pro-Tek Bar End Sliders (Black)
-Harri's Hayabusa Bar grips
-Cycle Cat SBR2 multi adjustable bar mounting system RIPS (black)
-Racing Throttle - Quick turn adjustable throttle (yoyodyneti.com)
-Ohlins steering damper (in stock position)

A little late but you are my new hero. That was a great write up and I hope to follow in many of your foot steps.

Back