Brake Weight Comparison

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any information or links on front and rear brake weight comparisons. I'm looking at lightweight rotors and want to see what is the lightest out there. Not looking for ebay specials or anything like that as I'm using these on the drag strip.
I couldn't seem to find a chart or anything on google.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any information or links on front and rear brake weight comparisons. I'm looking at lightweight rotors and want to see what is the lightest out there. Not looking for ebay specials or anything like that as I'm using these on the drag strip.
I couldn't seem to find a chart or anything on google.
@c10 is running galfer rotors and I believe he saved 11oz per rotor, not sure if there is any lighter ones out there. I know Galfer offers a “track only” rotor, but not sure of weight savings on those.

Braketech has been teasing these CMC rotors for some time now. If you scroll down the page they list comparative weights.
AXIS/CMC™ ROTORS
cmc%20narrw-band%201.4in.jpg

Oh those are so lovely , contacted them the other day , and they told me they have no release date in foreseeable future for those lightest of all rotors !!
Toad you are up on everything & are so obsessed with over the top don't even ask what the price is stuff. I love it.

Toad you are up on everything & are so obsessed with over the top don't even ask what the price is stuff. I love it.
Thanks Nastee , I am obsessed with my bike , I have always loved trick components , so I try to make my Busa the best I can . The Busa is the ultimate bike build for me , but the chassis on this one is nearly all done , the motor maybe next ...

And you thought the chassis was expensive. Once you get more power there is just never enough. too much is like a cloud to an airplane Something to pass through

And you thought the chassis was expensive. Once you get more power there is just never enough. too much is like a cloud to an airplane Something to pass through
The chassis has more money than I care to think about , but I got a recent offer on my L2 by a mate , as high as 25k AU depending what I fitted for the sale , he likes the completed total chassis package , but sorry , no sale on this streeter .
I have put together a lot of project bikes , and I know all about the motor money pits don't worry ... when this one eventually L2 gets done it will be a milder hp motor , but the next Busa build will be a killer all motor street / drag weapon .

The chassis has more money than I care to think about , but I got a recent offer on my L2 by a mate , as high as 25k AU depending what I fitted for the sale , he likes the completed total chassis package , but sorry , no sale on this streeter .
I have put together a lot of project bikes , and I know all about the motor money pits don't worry ... when this one eventually L2 gets done it will be a milder hp motor , but the next Busa build will be a killer all motor street / drag weapon .
It would owe you more than that I'm thinking.
Not to mention the blood, sweat and tears gone into it.
It's a National treasure . . . never EVER sell it.
Oh, except you can sell it to me for a bundle of hundred dollar notes, and NZ dollars too, just to sweeten the deal for ya lol.

Back