Brake pads..

Dozerdriver

Registered
What are you guys running for brake pads after the stockers wear out? I want a better pad ( stock seems ok ) but nothing that makes any noises. Keeping stock rotors...for now.

I ran the EBC HH and Galfer HH on the '06. Galfer HH is what I will probably go back with on the '08. Mr. Bogus and GixerHP had some great pads they were talking about after the Bash. Sorry I don't remember what they were, but they were apparently great pads.

I've run the EBC HH also but had some issues....the rear set glazed over( basicly usless afterwards) and the front set has always made sqeeky noises. I plan to go with the Galfer next.

I use EBC HH on the front, EBC stock pads for the rear. Got 40K miles on this set up, and the stock rotors look great!:thumbsup:

The EBC HH pads work great, but if you like to ride agressively you can kiss your front rotors goodbye in short order. I like the feel of the HH pads so I stayed with them and I replaced the rotors with Galfer. The brakes now feel way too touchy. I'me going to try a Corbon Laraine (sp?) set next.

Busa_Pose1.JPG

What are you guys running for brake pads after the stockers wear out? I want a better pad ( stock seems ok ) but nothing that makes any noises. Keeping stock rotors...for now.

I want to follow up with this thread. I took my bike in for a oil change and the dealer said that my rear pads are getting low. Now that they mentioned it I think they may be right. I have an 07 with 6700 and I think I hear the rear sqeek every now and then. I have noticed ever since owning this bike that it def. didnt have the stopping power of my 14. So I guess I should go with EBC pads?

Hardcore riders-ebc pro pads-carbonne race pads
street to fast riders-ebc hh pads-carbon street pads

All of Above always on hand...

EBC has a relatively new pad called the "Extreme Pro". I use them on both street and track and would recommend them to anyone. The best feel of any pad I have ever used.

EBC has a relatively new pad called the "Extreme Pro". I use them on both street and track and would recommend them to anyone. The best feel of any pad I have ever used.

2400 miles and i hit metal today.. watch mileage on the extreme pad.. the incredible brake action seems hard on friction material.. (very aggressive riding)
Posted via Mobile Device

Back