Benefit of Galfer Pads on stock Rotors

haya4life

Registered
Hey folks,

Can you tell me from your experience what is the benefit of replacing stock pads with Galfer pads on stock rotors on a Gen II?

Will the pads brake better than stock? Less dust? etc.

Thanks,
Louie

Stock pads can be upgraded by using several different manufacturers offerings. I personally have not used the Galfers, but have used one step up from the OEM with the EBC HH. They provide more bite but some say are noisy. (They are!) The next level will put you with the EBC Extreme Pro's. Have used them on the street and the track and they are fantastic. Smooth, quiet, and strong.

The step up pads ( galfers/ ebc ) will definitely improve performance over stock , More bite .However what will actually make all the difference will be changing the rubber lines to SS.

The pads make a big difference, not as much as SS lines but they do provide quite a bit more bite. I bought the middle of the line Galfer pads and SS line from Pashnit. I forget the part number for the pads (1375 I think) but they are the ones Tim described to me as upgraded from stock and are considered canyon carvers. I wanted to see how much each step helped me so I rode with just the new lines for 2 weeks before putting the upgraded pads on. I was shocked on how much the pads increased my stopping power, I thought the lines would do most of the work and the pads would add just a tiny bit more but I was wrong. Again, the SS lines added more stopping power than upgrading the pads but the pads sure helped too. I am still running the stock rotors, I wanted to upgrade them too but Im a cheap bastard and wanted to see how much better lines and pads would do before I dropped anymore coin. For the type of riding I do my current setup will be just fine so I plan on using that money for a better seat.

Back