Brake Lines & ZGDB Installed

Glyn

Donating Member
Registered
I put the ZGDB on at the end of last season, havn't really had much of a chance to ride it, but I got out today.

Nice that I can see the instruments and the turn signal indicators. The factory screen did a nice job of blocking the indicator lights. This one though, seems to cause a bit more buffeting at speed. I guess it moves the wind blast up just enough.

Stainless steel lines for front rear and clutch went on with new Galfer Green pads.
It was a bit of a time to bleed the fronts, and I had to take off a lot of bodywork to get to the rear master and clutch lines.

Looks great, but I was hoping for a little more bite out of the front than I got. I am going to re-bleed the fronts, and give them a little more time to bed in.

Maybe I should have gone for the HH pads.

BTW, I got the brake stuff from Cal sportbike. The prices were fairly good, and the service was excellent
smile.gif

no pics yet, the wife has the digital camera
sad.gif

I had put the ZGDB on last summer. I had to use electrical tape and thicken the spots on the screen that lock into the faring to prevent an annoying buzz. I've been thinking of SS brake lines soon, is the difference at least noticable? I used the HH pads on my ZX-11 and they ate the rotors up, I'm afraid of them.

Yeah, today was a nice day! I was supposed to be off at 2pm but one of my guys got involved in an incident and I was stuck working until 5pm!
sad.gif
I did get out for about an hour though. Where on LI are you? I was out on Sunday and saw a silver/blue Busa in Manorville. Was it you or anyone you know? Looked like the rider had a matching jacket.

The ZGDB fit just fine for me. I guess it is just tolerance or quality control. I've heard a few people say they were not thrilled with the fit for the same reason as you had.

Hard to tell about the lines for sure, I think I have a bit of air in the front. No difference that I can tell on the rear or clutch though.

I wanted to stay away from the HH pads because they are harder on the rotors. These are supposed to be easy on them. I would like a little more bite though.

Wasn't me on Sunday, but it fits the description
smile.gif

I guess the PM I sent you didn't go through, I'm in the PJ area.

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "cluch"|1108522773 -->

Haha!
I grew up in Port Jeff!!
It's all about Colisseo pizza baby!!
You two LawnGuylindas are making me homesick!

Glyn I have ZGDB on my busa, and it fits prefectly fine....
smile.gif

My assumption is that whoever had vibes by installing the ZG didnt do a proper job of instalation,nothing to do with the screen
wink.gif

Yeah I've purchased a few items from Cal Sportbike myself. They are really good people. Got the Speedo Healer from them.

Just a few other observations,

The dual line kit laves holes in the back of the front fender. I could swear I could hear a whistle through them!

I picked up some body panel clips from the hadware store. Small plastic clips that fit nicely into the holes and seal them up well. $0.50

Reblead helped a lot, guess I still had some air trapped.

Coloseo makes a really good pie, don't they
biggrin.gif

But it has gotten really crowded here, Davis Peach Farm is all houses now
sad.gif

Back