Brake cleaner

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Is it ok to use to wipe down my chicken strips to remove the glaze?

Plan on hittin' the twisties mañana...

It'll be fine. Brake clean works great on new tires to help remove the mold release agent.

Just don't hose the tires heavily to avoid possibly the tires absorbing anything. I usually spray it on the rag and then wipe.

Just don't hose the tires heavily to avoid possibly the tires absorbing anything. I usually spray it on the rag and then wipe.
Exactly what me and homegirl just finished doing!

She spun, I wiped...
whistling.gif

I would never use it on a tire.
I work with that stuff all day and it don't belong on tires.
Just my 2 cents

Brake Cleaner and Carb clear deteriorates rubber. It probably wouldnt hurt your tires but if it is done continuously t probably will

I'm shocked to find anyone who would dare to use brake clean on the grip surface of a tire. Brake clean is just that, clean. It cuts through grease like X-lax through a fat chick. The brake clean will no doubt desolve the oils from the rubber and leave it dry. Tires are made from oil and rubber. No oil, no grip!

I usually make two laps around the track on a new tire then it's "Hammer Down". If you are worried about the glaze, a little sand paper and 60 seconds of scrubbing the shoulders and you are ready to go.

Chemicals? No flippin way!

Were talking about a one time use on a tire. There's no need for multiple applications of this stuff. And the one thing they warn against on the back of the brakleen can is exactly what you want. You want the slight outer coat softened or removed to get the mold release off. I find it doesn't dry out the tire if done right, though i'm sure it is a possiblity if you hose the tire down daily with the product. People seem to be getting the wrong idea of what were trying to accomplish with the brakleen. I also know that tire manufacturers have their way they want you to do things, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.  

For the longest time with a new set of tires i use to just mount them up and scuff them in as i rode them. But with the last couple sets i've been using the brakleen, sprayed on a rag, to help remove the release agent. And on the last set i even just wiped the edges figuring that the center's will get scuffed automaticly as i ride them.  

Do it whatever way is comfortable, whatever it may be, for your piece of mind.

I'm sure its preferable not to have to use anything too harsh on on the Tires, brake cleaner is just plain nasty for its unintended use, also your skin and lungs.

Try this, works fantastic!, evaporates extremely fast with almost zero contaminates and cost next to nothing compared to brake cleaner, and I'm sure the humane body will tolerate it more easily.
I've also used it on sticker/decal glues on the OEM surfaces with no problems. Find it in your paint section.

cleaner_002.jpg

Back