Brake bleeding problem

que4dog

Registered
I had to remove my rear brake line to change the swingarm for my 2002 busa. Now I have NO rear brakes. I tried bleeding the brakes - by adding fluid, pumping the rear brake lever then opening the valve while holding down the lever. I did this for each of the two rear bleeder valves.

Did I do something wrong? I heard someone speak of a Mityvac. Do I need a mityvac? and what purpose does it serve?

Can someone give me step by step instructions if I don't have a mityvac if possible?

The Mityvac is not necessary, it just makes the job quicker and easier.

You are doing it right... If you drained the M/C, it will take a LONG time to finally get the fluid to run through the line.

BTW - you have two bleeder valves on the rear?? I thought there was only one. At least, I only used one when bleeding my brakes.

I was having a real problem with bleeding the hydraulic clutch on my Busa (it uses brake fluid too), as well as the brakes on one of my ATVs. I bought the Mighty-Vac at Sears on Friday, and by Friday evening I had the brakes and my Busa's clutch working perfectly. The Mighty-Vac cost me $35 (money very well spent) and it basically sucks the brake fluid, and the air in the lines, out of the bleeder valve. Very handy indeed
smile.gif

Just make sure you dont empty out the res cylinder when purging your brake lines of air. Keep adding fluid when it gets half way empty.
thumbs-up.gif

Back