bought 'em today

(Valupeh @ Jun. 07 2007,10:26) It's doesn't not matter if the gear is ok or not.
I don't care if it self destructs like an air bag as long
as it protects my body.
My point is merely, that if it took as little damage as it did from 70-0 then if something were to happen at a higher rate of speed, Im not worried that it's going to wear thru and my skin will be acting as a brake the last 30 mph or so..... I'm just impressed with the toughness of the leather on my Icon jacket.

And my buddy had a helmet that self destructed on him. Needless to say it DID NOT protect him.

(desalphine @ Jun. 07 2007,01:47) i usually wear helmet when i ride, but i have seen and learnt from others that jacket and boot is a must as well
Good man, love that helmet, stay save, live to ride another day.
super.gif

Narrow feet = Sidi's (what I wear)
Wider feet = Alpinestars

Boots are like helmets... don't go cheap. You get what you pay for (for the most part). They may all offer protection, but don't forget important things like FIT, Materials (you don't want them lasting only one year!), and comfort (air ventilation, walkability when off the bike) Also, keep in mind that some of those boots are very bulky and clunky... which makes for awkward transitions above and below shifter and brake levers. I steer away from boots that are 2 1/2 inches "tall" from sole to top of toe. Its not comfy when shifting etc.

If you crash at 40 mph and the 500+ lb Busa comes down on your ankle/foot, you don't want some flimsy boot on your foot!

(desalphine @ Jun. 07 2007,16:31)
(SuzukiRider @ Jun. 07 2007,11:54) Very cool helmet ... graphics are sweet.
beerchug.gif
i wanted a shoei diabolic , then saw this, and luv it.
kbc gunslinger
Almost got the Diabolic, got the Joust instead-

Joust.jpg

(desalphine @ Jun. 06 2007,21:32) jacket --- i got the black one..
could you guys give ur opinion for boots, looking for a good boot with reasonable price...
like the jacket for sure..
super.gif

(SpeedGeek @ Jun. 07 2007,14:37) Narrow feet = Sidi's (what I wear)
Wider feet = Alpinestars

Boots are like helmets... don't go cheap.  You get what you pay for (for the most part).  They may all offer protection, but don't forget important things like FIT, Materials (you don't want them lasting only one year!), and comfort (air ventilation, walkability when off the bike)  Also, keep in mind that some of those boots are very bulky and clunky... which makes for awkward transitions above and below shifter and brake levers.  I steer away from boots that are 2 1/2 inches "tall" from sole to top of toe.  Its not comfy when shifting etc.

If you crash at 40 mph and the 500+ lb Busa comes down on your ankle/foot, you don't want some flimsy boot on your foot!
most probably i will also go for sidi.. they look nice, howz it for long rides?

(TurboSN95 @ Jun. 07 2007,07:51) I bought the Icon Field Armor boots and I love them... easy on and off, comfortable, lots of protection, and not too expensive.  

fieldarmorboot.JPG
+1 i have these too.

(SuzukiRider @ Jun. 07 2007,11:54) Very cool helmet ... graphics are sweet.  
beerchug.gif
HEY NOW....is that the fastest color or WHAT
rock.gif
??........
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Do the research, proper gear is worth the effort. I have Alpinestars boots, Joe Rocket jacket, Icon gloves and an HJC helmet. I have yet to ride once without all of it on. My weak link is pants. Currently, I only wear jeans (or slacks if I'm riding to work). I have some insulated riding pants for when it's cold out, but I don't have protective riding pants for when it's hot out. I've seen some very nice mesh pants that you can wear shorts underneath in the super hot weather. That's my next purchase hopefully.

As a wise man once said - "don't forget your gloves".

Life sux without fingers.

Back