bought 'em today

desalphine

Registered
hi all,
got a helmet and jacket today, now lookin for good boots
-h

kbc.jpg

jacket --- i got the black one..
could you guys give ur opinion for boots, looking for a good boot with reasonable price...

icon.jpg

I am partial to Sidis - but JR has some decent boots... good on you for getting gear...
beerchug.gif

Check out Josh at Ryders Connection He can hook you up with some really good gear for a great price.

i usually wear helmet when i ride, but i have seen and learnt from others that jacket and boot is a must as well

Magnums for around town, I think I have a "Stealth II".........works great, and nice sticky sole....

OR, YOU CAN GET A PAIR OF THESE........

300_UL_84211_HarleySizzle.jpg

I bought the Icon Field Armor boots and I love them... easy on and off, comfortable, lots of protection, and not too expensive.

fieldarmorboot.JPG

Good for the $$$. Can be walked in, waterproof, feel for shifting is good, kinda hot in the summer!
ASTAR-RIDGE-BOOT.jpg

(Spudley @ Jun. 07 2007,06:31) "with....FLAMES....or without
rock.gif
?"
without flames ... i dont like flames in bike or gear,
flames and dragons have been used up so much over the years, every other bike paint job u see will be one of 'em
wink.gif

To spend less than I did, I would buy the Setup boots made by Sidi- look like great boots, many here like them. Google it, easy to find.

If you want one of the best, I went with the Alpinestars SMX-R perforated. The comfort of a running shoe with the stability of a foot cast! Many vents, and perforations all over that allow air to flow freely over the foot- no more fatalities at home when removing your boots!
crazy.gif
argue.gif
pissed.gif
laugh.gif

SMX_R_perf.jpg

I dont wear boots. Well Steel Toes, but not actual Bike boots. But I have an Icon jacket, a couple of years old. Went down with it, and Ill tell you, the thing held up like a champ. Minor, minor scuffing. I was very impressed. Good choice.
beerchug.gif

It's doesn't not matter if the gear is ok or not.
I don't care if it self destructs like an air bag as long
as it protects my body.

Good on ya!
Get that gear and keep your skin.

Also invest in a good pair of gloves that won't peel off you hands if you go down.

Back