Dont think you dont NEED all gear

Can't say it enough, "Don't dress for the ride, dress for the crash."

I'll admit it, boots are one area of protection I've pretty much ignored due to a number of reasons. Can anyone recommend a set that would protect well while still being comfortable enough to wear all day long (don't want to change when I get to the office) and look enough like normal footware to pass in a business casual environment?

(qarnaj @ Dec. 04 2006,05:06) I'll admit it, boots are one area of protection I've pretty much ignored due to a number of reasons. Can anyone recommend a set that would protect well while still being comfortable enough to wear all day long (don't want to change when I get to the office) and look enough like normal footware to pass in a business casual environment?
Diadora has some that works pretty good for that purpose. And, they are quite comfy as well.

I just went down 3 weeks ago and had all the gear but the boots as well. I have a few broken bone but no rash except for the ankle. I have since purchased boots and once the bike is back on the road I will be wearing them regularly. I got run off the road at 75MPH by a car that went wide in a turn. Cracked my helmit, took out a small tree and did a number on the bike and still got up and walked back to the road side. here is to the right gear....  

beerchug.gif

This is a great thread,and thanks to Warbrown for the 'In your face look' at what can really happen!!
I bought a pr. of Sidi Vertigos last week,and I wear them every night in the house to break them in for next yrs. riding season..
Full gear is a must on real bikes!!!

I agree, Warbrown is living proof as to just how important good gear is, especially boots! By the way Mr. Brown, how long did it take to get your foot back to good shape like the second photo?

My kid got launched over the handle bars during a high side. He wasn't smart enough to turn loose of the handle bars thus got body slamed on his backside, feet first. Bruised both his heals and his butt. He was wearing Sidi Vertigo Corsa Boots and I'm convinced the thick cushion on the heal kept him from having crushed heals.

Good gear is really cheap in the long run.

I went down last week, and leathers saved my left leg.

It only takes once to make a believer out of most people. There are exceptions to the rule though.
all_coholic.gif

I wear Alpinestars:

SMX-R's perforated for warm to hot.

Roams in Gore-Tex for cool to cold.

The Roam has zipper at ankle and velcro at calf, and sometimes I hear the velcro making pulling noises.

The SMX-R has zipper ankle, and locking ski boot style calf- we're talking SOLID. That boot's not coming off unless the foot comes off with it.
SHOCKED.gif

Back