Bought a new car! Mopar guys will probably

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
My life has been crazy the last month. Among a host of things I have been dealing with I totaled my Durango, no I'm not hurt. One of my childhood dreams as I was building Mopars was that one day I would own a HEMI. Well these aren't exactly the same but when I saw this one it was a no brainer.

2006 Dodge HEMI Charger R/T Daytona. 1 of only 4000 made. This thing is awesome and is wicked quick. Enjoy and I will get some better pics soon.
smile.gif

HEMI_003.jpg

I think they are sweet, and the big hemi R/T posts some serious numbers, But WHY, please tell me WHY they made that car, with that power in a 4 door. The shame of it all.

Still looks good though, but they could of done so much more with such a classic.

We're getting a couple of those for our Interstate Crime Unit. Can't wait to check 'em out. I'll try to post a few pics once they're here and equipped.
wink.gif

I owned a 73 Charger SE. I'm not fond of them using the Charger name on the new cars. There was never a real Charger with 4 doors. Nice car, but not true to the Charger name.

I owned a 73 Charger SE. I'm not fond of them using the Charger name on the new cars. There was never a real Charger with 4 doors. Nice car, but not true to the Charger name.
That's no more abominable than Chevy putting the Impala moniker on the new ones.
mad.gif
I think they're both being disrespectful to their heritage using these names on the new models...
rock.gif

I like the color... I don`t like black skidmark on the hood and civic stile wing.
That makes it looks cheap.....
and dealer probably even charge for that....
20% tinted windows, 18 inches gunmetal or black chrome wheels and another grill... Smoked tails and headlights.... 1.5 inch drop and penske shocks.....
then supercharger... I`d happy to own it...
$40K would do what M5 doing now..... Almost.... shave 700 pounds.... Now it is...

Kiddin, just kiddin..... envy...
sad.gif

I owned a 73 Charger SE.  I'm not fond of them using the Charger name on the new cars.  There was never a real Charger with 4 doors.  Nice car, but not true to the Charger name.
That's no more abominable than Chevy putting the Impala moniker on the new ones.  
mad.gif
I think they're both being disrespectful to their heritage using these names on the new models...
rock.gif
+1. Next they will be calling the new POS Malibu a Chevelle.

I owned a 73 Charger SE.  I'm not fond of them using the Charger name on the new cars.  There was never a real Charger with 4 doors.  Nice car, but not true to the Charger name.
mad.gif
rock.gif
+1.  Next they will be calling the new POS Malibu a Chevelle.
Wait `til Pure_Ego read this... He would teach you that new Chewy`s is much better then you think they are.
rock.gif

rock.gif

Ford is the only company that did the whole retro thing right. Chevy's new Impala is a front drive, and Dodge brought the Charger back as a 4 door. Even Pontiac's GTO is only a car that they sold in Australia, with a few changes, but still looks nothing like the old GTO's. Now the Mustang, you can see that it actually has some of the same looks as the old one, but in a new way.

I seen a spy photo of a new Challenger the other day. Its a 2 door and really looks great. It has a 6.0 liter hemi engine. It looks like a 70 challenger. I will try to post the pic on monday or tuesday when I get back to work. Justintime2, that is one SHARP car, you should be proud.
smile.gif

mad.gif
rock.gif
+1.  Next they will be calling the new POS Malibu a Chevelle.
Wait `til Pure_Ego read this... He would teach you that new Chewy`s is much better then you think they are.
rock.gif
yep.. best I can tell most of the people bashin the new chevies haven't sat in one yet.. have no idea what they are talking about and are all just running with the herd.

da's just the way it goes though I suppose.

I started to post up some real comparison numbers for some of you guys comparing alot of chevies to cars in their class.. but decided it wasn't worth the effort.. till you guys open your eyes it's not going to matter what I put in front of you.

rock.gif

Ford is the only company that did the whole retro thing right.  Chevy's new Impala is a front drive, and Dodge brought the Charger back as a 4 door.  Even Pontiac's GTO is only a car that they sold in Australia, with a few changes, but still looks nothing like the old GTO's.  Now the Mustang, you can see that it actually has some of the same looks as the old one, but in a new way.
4 doors is practical and insurance like them better.
new charger faster then old one (in stock form) and consume 50% less fuel doing so....

At least charger is close to mercedes as it could be considering price difference.

Like Vic said 4 doors = cheaper insurance.

It also allows for them to become a primary police vehicle.

Back