Our New FJ Cruiser

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
A couple of months ago, my wife and I decided we'd had enough of paying high gas prices for a Dodge Hemi, and her car. So, since we both really like off road 4 wheeling, We traded both vehicles for 1 Toyota FJ Cruiser. We've been having a blast with it out in the wilderness. And... we've been getting to spend alot more time together, which is a really a good thing. Now instead of spending $100.00 plus per week for the Hemi, I spend about $15.00 a week cause now I ride one of the bikes. Now we have one much lower car payment, and we are saving at least $100 per week on gas. And.... we are 4 wheeling at least one day every weekend... We're having a blast with the FJ, and its loaded with off road extras... Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Here are a couple of pics.

FJ 015.jpg

Montana Mountain 029.jpg

Montana Mountain 047.jpg

Montana Mountain 060.jpg

great shots... you got me on location... one shot looks to be heading in to eastern AZ (cattle area) and the other heading north... the last shot looks to be on the way out towards Globe/Miami

makes me homesick all the same (Mesa native).... more pics? :)

Last edited:
Thanks Rich, I'm getting a custom hitch so I can still drag the bies around. This pic pic near the corral is about 1 1/2 mile north east of Superior off of 177. The other are all on the way up Montana Mountain. I'll see if I can come up with a couple more pics.

FJ 002.jpg

FJ 003.jpg

FJ 014.jpg

FJ 016.jpg

Nice 4x4!! Don't you just love our back roads and scenery? I am about to go Bull Elk hunting in the high country in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.

We have a great time in the FJ. It takes us to places we would probably have never been able to go to.

Right now we have a total of 67 roads/trails to choose from. We're checking them off one by one....

nice bro, if you ever make a bit more south(sierra vista) hit me up. we love the trails thing, i really want to do a back crountry camp trip this winter when its a bit more cool out.just finishing this project now
boy038-1.jpg

Sweet rig!
When are they going to sell that thing with a turbo diesel like the one they use in four runners and landcruisers around the world?

Yeah its a great 4 wheeler. Thanks for all the cudos. We want to do a back country camp trip too. Right now we just have to settle for the weekends.

I really like the new FJ. I think that it is a bit too long. Kinda wished it were a short wheel base truck like the old one, or like the Isuzu Amigo. But I would buy one if I could.
Here is my Photo Chop:thumbsup: Before and After

2007-FJ-Cruiser-Custom.jpg

2007-FJ-Cruiser-Custom short.jpg

Back