Any classic car guys too?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I know its a busa site, but you cant drive them all the time. Here is a couple pics of my 67 Dodge Dart. I have three of them but the other two are works in progress. I've had this car since I was 12. Im now 29. Cant let it go, too much blood sweat and tears. It has a 440 with nitrous. I dont do much drag racing, but it runs high 11's with street tires and 3.23 gears. I would much rather cruise. I was brought up fords and mopars.

This is a picture from the 2005 Turkey Rod Run at Daytona International

DartDaytona__Small_.jpg

I have a 69 chevy C10 with a 540 BB all N/A,but she is currently undergoing suspension surgery,I will have to see if I can dig up some pics.Good looking dart by the way,my uncle has a 69.5 falcon painted a very similiar color.

Man that brings back memories.
I had a 273 4bbl Dart years ago.
Blew the 273 up finally.
Pumped up a junkyard 360. On the gas was good for 12's w/ 3.91's
Had a 71 340 Demon after that.
Now just got the Good Ole 2005 Hemi Magnum R/T AWD. Going to figure out how to add a 125 shot to it soon. Just for kicks. Then maybe 6.1 heads & cam?? Hmmmmm......

That Dart just brings back memories of that old movie... "Duel" which starred Dennis Weaver. If Dennis had something like that, that oil semi wouldn't have given him all the grief it did.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure some of you movie buffs remember that movie don't you?
rock.gif

I never have understood one thing, though, why were most of the cars of that era running upper 3 and low 4 ratio's in the rear? Tall tranny ratio's? Tall tires?

My S-10 had 3.43's with a 262 V6. It was gutless and spun the tires up fine. My dad's truck with 3.73's and a 2.2L I4 spins the tires if you dump the clutch at any respectable RPM... So why the tire-shredding ratios?

Makes as much sense to me as giving a Busa the gearing of my Ninja...
laugh.gif

I love the classic Pontiacs. I've owned 1/2 dozen first year Firebirds. I'm building a first year Grand-Am. Nothing like the big-inch motors of yesteryear. Technology can boost the horsepower, but nothing beats the torque of the old 7-8 liter engines. (OK, if you have the $$$, you can buy a viper with a high tech 8 liter)

I never have understood one thing, though, why were most of the cars of that era running upper 3 and low 4 ratio's in the rear?  Tall tranny ratio's?  Tall tires?

My S-10 had 3.43's with a 262 V6.  It was gutless and spun the tires up fine.  My dad's truck with 3.73's and a 2.2L I4 spins the tires if you dump the clutch at any respectable RPM...  So why the tire-shredding ratios?

Makes as much sense to me as giving a Busa the gearing of my Ninja...  
laugh.gif
The measures of performance were 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. With 3 speed automatics in 95% of the cars back then, had to make up for it in the rear. With gas <$0.30 a gallon, nobody cared about gas milage. Very few people cared about the top end, because they wouldn't run up there anyway.

1990 Buick Reatta GunMetal Grey.. Hand built for only 3 years .Rides better then a Caddy ..

DSC02754.JPG

Sold my project 69 Camaro SS/RS (owned it since 1982) Last summer. In the process of selling some of the last parts I have for it. Man parts are getting high!

'66 Chevelle and '59 Corvette owner as well- Corvette is in need of total resto, Chevelle can be seen .

I've been kicking the idea around of trading my Chevelle for a '55 Chevy, but haven't had any solid offers as of yet-

BUSAFETT

<!--EDIT|BUSAFETT
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1148253398 -->

I've always been a GM guy but that's changed with all the trash they've been putting out lately with classic names on them. I'm waiting for them to rebadge a Grand Am and call it the "new Trans Am". The Corvette is the only thing GM has going for it these days.

This is an old pic of my '66 Corvair...I've owned it since '92.
vair1.jpg

This is my '75 Stingray that I bought in '99 with 52K original miles. She now has about 80K.

stormvette.jpg

I don't quite know why, but this is my real obsession. Just finished her monthly detailing this morning and took these pictures less than 1 hour ago.

storm1.jpg

I bought this car brand new when I was 19 years old and I'll be turning 36 in a few weeks.

It's almost 17 years old and has zero rust, dings or scratches. It's sort of a pet project to see how long I can keep it showroom new. These cars all rotted out about 10 years ago in the midwest and now I get people asking what kind of new model car it is.

I swear this aint a photochop:

storm2.jpg

Back