Bought a Hayabusa - Choke and Idle question

mjszx7r

Registered
Evening (here in the UK it is anyway) Guys,

I've just bought a 2000 Hayabusa and have a couple of questions:-

It appears to have a choke? But it is also supposed to by the first of the fuel injection models, would this be right? Not had chance to take the tank off to have a good look as yet.

Also I find when I've been riding for a short white the idle speed rises, but when I pull the clutch in, it reduces the idle speed to what it could be? Any thoughts on what the issue could be here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

MJ

it does have choke.. you should be idle at around 1100-1200 rpm.
if it is any different you can adjust it manually.. raise the tank up with taking out the front screws and you need to take out the seat too.. there is spring screw on the right side by throttle body and you can adjust it.. bike is 12 years old not sure if previous owner has ever service the fuel injection or synhronized the throttle bodies..

It's not really a choke in the classic sense, follow the cable and you'll see that pulling the lever cracks the throttle open a bit, whereas a true choke closes a secondary plate to enrichen the fuel mixture. I was a bit confused about this when I bought mine as well.

It's not really a choke in the classic sense, follow the cable and you'll see that pulling the lever cracks the throttle open a bit, whereas a true choke closes a secondary plate to enrichen the fuel mixture. I was a bit confused about this when I bought mine as well.

I think as of it like a fast idle lever myself.

It has a fast idle. Make sure you use it on every cold crank. As the bike warms up and the idle starts picking up, turn or switch it off. Make sure your idle is adjusted close to 1200 R.P.M.s when warm.

it does have choke.. you should be idle at around 1100-1200 rpm.
if it is any different you can adjust it manually.. raise the tank up with taking out the front screws and you need to take out the seat too.. there is spring screw on the right side by throttle body and you can adjust it.. bike is 12 years old not sure if previous owner has ever service the fuel injection or synhronized the throttle bodies..
Idle adjustment on a 99 or 2000 is next to the clutch cover, no need to raise the tank!

It does NOT have a choke. It has a fast idle lever. The choke part is not opening the throttle. I have mine set to idle hot at about 1250 rpm. When it is not thoroughly warm, the idle will be less, perhaps 950 to 1,000 rpm. Riding cold like that is tempting a fall if it stutters when your leaned over in a sharp turn.

You can leave the fast idle lever open, but when it warms up you might be over 1500 rpm. That makes clunky low speed shifts.

I took the spring off and substituted a lock nut for normal throttle. It's been 7 years and it idles at the same RPM. You only have a problem if, when you pull the clutch in, it still wants to pull at a stop.

Back