Boot recommendations?

ericridebike

Registered
So, back on a Busa after a short stint on a cruiser and I need some new boots. Looking for some recommendations from you guys. I had a pair of Alpinestars SMX-plus before & I have the utmost confidence in their safety/protection, but they weren't the best for walking around off the bike. I'm looking for a pair with great protective features, but would also be ok for short walking, ie in a restaurant, store, etc...Waterproof would be a plus, but not necessary. Really don't wanna pay over $300. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

I dont have a lot of experience in boots since the only pair I have ever owned are sidi vertigo airs, but I do love them. I love them because a lot of the boots armour is replaceable unlike a lot of other boots. I can tell you first hand that the protection works great. I had a straight over the front superman high side once and the bike flipped up in the air and landed on my inner left leg. Had a huge amount of bruising but nothing broken. the impact hit right on the armour which disipated the force of the impact. So for me they are number one....
cant post a pic cause i am at work.

oh and walking around in them isn't bad at all. there is a wratchet style lever system on the back upper part of the boot that you can loosen up that allows walking easier if you need to

Sidi's :thumbsup:

3adddf4a747eb1f550ae1233dec22e2f_rough.jpg

Sidi's.........i have the strada air's since i'm a commuter and it's got ventilation

~$225

strada_air_1024_detail.jpg

Last edited:
I never tried any of the above boots but to me they look like you would need to be on a track to look right in them. ??? I wear Icon Field Armor Chukka boots in black. They aren't as tall as the other boots which make them more streetable in my opinion. If you're doing a lot of track or twistie riding then the above boots are your best bet but for around town and walking I would go with the Chukka.

The Chukka aren't waterproof though which is about their only downside. I do wear them to work for 9 hours a day when I commute on the bike so they are definitely wearable. :beerchug:

Icon Chukka only 115 shipped

Last edited:
Wolverine steel-toes from Wally World: $29.95, and waterproof, too! Based on my experience, you'll get a good 6, maybe 8 months out of them before they fall apart.

Seriously, don't hesitate to spend for good protection.

CW

Take care of your feet, whatever you decide buy a quality pair. Many back, shoulder and neck problems start with bad shoes/boots.

Sidi and Alpine have great products.

Check out the Sidi Canyons, all the features you want!
Posted via Mobile Device

Take a look at the teknic violater. I've tried several different high end boots and by far these were the most comfortable. I have even worked in my boots.

+1 Sidi Vertigo Airs :thumbsup:

They make a waterproof version for $25 extra, but I like the airs...airflow=no stank feet :whistle:

I got me the Octane Shoes from Alpine Stars and the Supertech R as well. Supertech's still new, havent tried using them.. tried them on and they seem comfy, but I think they would feel the same as the SMX. Octane is not much a track boot at all, but has the necessary protection for street and is comfy walking around in... They look nice too! a bit bulky though, like timberlands, kind of! easy to get on and off! I recommend! but not for hot weather. they do not leak in air, so perfect for cooler days!

I have the white one! for my white busa! also had the black one, but got wrong size so sold it.

alpine_octane_shoe.jpg

Take a look at the First Gear lkine of boots. They have served me well in all types of weather conditions. I wear them off the bike around the campgrounds too. Wardie

I wear my Oxtar waterproof in lots of weather & always dry for the last 55000 miles. Something like these:
large.jpg

Last edited:
Back