Boost vs. speed boost controller

Dustin02

Donating Member
Registered
Has anybody seen or played with one of these? Seems like it can do a whole lot. Boost vs speed, wideband, failsafe, etc...

@Boosted Cycle Perf ever seen this?
First time I’ve heard of them. Looks pretty decent. I’d like to see how the tuning is laid out.

Let me know what you think. If it looks decent, I'll give it a go for my bike and let you have the honor of tuning that as well. Lol
Right on. Boost by speed is awesome. It’s even more effective you you read front wheel speed. Using the rear wheel, until it’s fine tuned, if the bike starts to spin it usually ends up in completely boiling off the rear tire since it see the speed go up.

So... I'm thinking I can add the front abs reluctor wheel and sensor, supply the sensor with voltage, and use the output to the boost controller to measure wheel speed so that I can get an accurate boost vs speed linear curve. Now, does anyone know if the abs sensors are 5 volt or 12 volt? I cannot find a wiring schematic for the abs system anywhere.

So... I'm thinking I can add the front abs reluctor wheel and sensor, supply the sensor with voltage, and use the output to the boost controller to measure wheel speed so that I can get an accurate boost vs speed linear curve. Now, does anyone know if the abs sensors are 5 volt or 12 volt? I cannot find a wiring schematic for the abs system anywhere.
I think that's a question for @c10 ...

Well, thank you very much sir. I guess when I get to it, I'll give 12 vdc a go and put it on an o-scope to see what it looks like. If it fails, I can try 5 vdc then. Thanks again gentlemen.

How would you go about using front wheel speed in a pre-2013 non-abs model?
It’s really easy actually. The 13+ abs reluctor wheels fit the 08-12 non abs wheels. They’re actually the same. The 08-12 wheels have 3 small “pads” if you want to call them that, where there’s more material to drill and thread for a reluctor wheel. As far as the speed sensors goes, the Kings had abs overseas. If you look under the axle on the right side of the fork there’s the pads for the speed sensor. They just need to be drilled.

It’s really easy actually. The 13+ abs reluctor wheels fit the 08-12 non abs wheels. They’re actually the same. The 08-12 wheels have 3 small “pads” if you want to call them that, where there’s more material to drill and thread for a reluctor wheel. As far as the speed sensors goes, the Kings had abs overseas. If you look under the axle on the right side of the fork there’s the pads for the speed sensor. They just need to be drilled.
That's what I've been looking into. Then I just need to feed some voltage to the abs sensor and monitor the output. Do you know if the sensor requires 12VDC or 5VDC?

Dustin02, which boost controller are you going to use

...also ,has anyone tested these cheaper alternatives....also,it's there some why to add also front wheel speed sensor to my zx11

Back