Introducing the worlds largest boost controler lol

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Here it is folks, feast your eyes on the biggest, heaviest, least sophisticated boost controller LOL.  This thing has gotten way outta hand because I wanted regulators for the upper gears as the bleed system I could only get 15 psi or so with a 6 psi spring.

If you have traction problems, just strap this to the back of the bike, heavy as hell.

So they way it is now I have a solenoid for every gear, 1st and 2nd gears are bleed valves, 3rd-6th use adjustable pressure regulators on the top of the wastegate.  I can also disarm GPS mode and use it as a 4 stage manual controller using toggle switches on my Tiger Switch Panel.

Here is a quick video so you can see how it works.  It's raining so garage only, bummer!
This is 3rd-6th gear, using the line that would go to the top of the gate and simply running it into another boost gauge.  The clunks you here are me cycling the trans from 3rd - 6th gear.  The solenoids switch themselves.  I thought you could see the gear indicator I made but guess not, anyhow here it is.

http://media.putfile.com/Boost-Controller-82

100_2238.jpg

100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

<!--EDIT|smithabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150391319 -->

Thanks, I just got back from playing around with it, had to hange plugs as it was starting to miss last weekend.

6psi 1st gear
10 psi 2nd gear
12 psi 3rd gear
14psi 4th gear
16 psi 5th gear
16 psi 6th gear

On pump gas, damn that fealt awesome. I have been spending way too much time tinkering with goofy #### and not riding, that was a blast HEHE.

Thanks, I just got back from playing around with it, had to hange plugs as it was starting to miss last weekend.

6psi 1st gear
10 psi 2nd gear
12 psi 3rd gear
14psi 4th gear
16 psi 5th gear
16 psi 6th gear

On pump gas, damn that fealt awesome. I have been spending way too much time tinkering with goofy #### and not riding, that was a blast HEHE.

That is INSANE! But it is totally awesome at the same time. No turbo for me, but I have been peeking at the threads, don't tell. Can't wait to hear the follow-up to this one.

Back